• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended car covers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended car covers??

My GT gets parked for about 6 months of the year, and gets pretty dusty in that time. I will be using my G110 for the first time here shortly to remove light swirls/scratches and would like to keep the car in that shape for awhile!!

Is there a car cover that anyone recommends that will not scratch the car? Also would like one that is not for inside use only, just in case.

Thanks!! Will
    -1994 Mustang GT, 42,xxx miles
    - Single Turbo/ 6 speed 302
    -Trick Flow heads/Intake
    - 484 HP/ 559 Ft/lbs to the tires

Re: Recommended car covers??

There are some quality car covers on the market but no matter how great the cover may be if the car is stored outside then dirt particles will tend to get trapped between the cover and your car's paint and together with wind or anytime the cover is moved against the surface of the paint the potential exists for scratches to be instilled.

Only using a car cover when the car is stored inside a garage or other enclosed building is better but figure out a clean place to store the cover after removing it and not in use where it will not get dirty. It's pretty common for people to bunch the cover up and place it in the corner of the garage on the floor where it will get dirty.

No simple, easy solution.

The air pressurized bubbles look to be a good way to go, there was a thread on our forum somewhere on this topic.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');