• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Ultimate Compound remove wet sand marks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ultimate Compound remove wet sand marks?

Can UC remove 2000 grit wet sanding marks? I know it's going to depend on the softness of the paint. It's a 2001 BMW.... i did some feather sanding.

I can apply using terry cloth, LC CCS Orange or white pad with g110, or microfiber. What do you think? Any advice?

Re: Can Ultimate Compound remove wet sand marks?

Ultimate Compound can remove paint, removing sanding marks means removing some paint, so yes, Ultimate Compound can remove sanding marks.

It's not targeted at that process as we have products in our Professional Line specifically targeted at removing sanding marks but you could use UC.

What was the Feathersanding for? Touch-up paint or to remove RIDS or something else?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

There's no way of knowing how deep this random scratch was but we removed it easily using UC

Scratch Removed using Ultimate Compound

Before

After

Chances are VERY GOOD this scratch was deeper than #3000, #2500 and even #2000 grit sanding marks so if it will remove the above scratches with multiple applications then you should be able to remove finer or shallow sanding marks using Ultimate Compound by hand or machine.

Depending upon what you're trying to do, often times your hand can and will be more effective at removing sanding marks as compared to a DA Polisher because you can exert more pressure using your hand/fingertips versus all the equal pressure that's applied over the entire surface of a tool with a clutch that stops the pad from spinning if too much pressure is applied or the pad is held at an angle.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'm working on a side skirt that was ripped off by a snow/ice bank. Theres a long scratch down it. I wet sanded the long scratch (feather sanding?) using 1000, then 2000. The scratch is still noticble but it's pretty deep.

I tried Swirl-X by hand, Scratch-X 2.0 by hand and the sanding marks are still noticeable and my shoulder is tired lol.

I will be purchasing Uni-Grit 3000 later on so things will be easier for me. If i were to use the 3000 to repair plastic headlights, would UC remove those marks?

Comment

I was doing extensive touch-up work a few days ago and used 3,000 grit Unigrit wet sanding paper (Meguiar's) and the Ultimate Compound removed it in a single application, and left the paint flawless and LSP ready every time.

I haven't tried it on lower grit paper yet.

Comment

Ultimate Compound sounds very promising, its good to see a consumer friendly compound in the consumer line now.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');