• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing road salt from carpet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing road salt from carpet!

On the driverside of my 03 trailblazer I get salt buildup on the carpet from run off from my floormats. What is the best way to clean it? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Re: Removing road salt from carpet!

I have used hot water, and little dish soap and a shop vac. Soak the area and brush with a stiff brush and vacuum up immediately. Rinse with hot water only,brush following the nap and vacuum again. Make sure you get it as dry as possible.
    Depending on how badit was, you many have to do it again once it has completely dried and you can still see salt.

Comment

Re: Removing road salt from carpet!

FOLEX is one of the best carpet cleaners I have ever used. I get mine from Home Depot. I cut it 2:1 for normal cleaning and I also have a small bottle with some full strength for spots. It's non foaming too. I would just spray the area and then vacuum out. If needed, blot with a damp MF towel.

It's really worth buying. I use it at home on furniture and in out carpet cleaning machine.
      www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');