• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound messed up my paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ultimate Compound messed up my paint

Originally posted by MUGEN SI View Post
    Jeez I am thinking of doing my Civic with #80 with the G110 I bought, and now im scared after seeing this car. I dont know what to do now!
    Don't be afraid! #80 is one of the most fun polishes to use! I love it when I can rid of swirls with a single application of #80 because it means I get to have fun and get to see amazing results!
    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
    2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Jeez I am thinking of doing my Civic with #80 with the G110 I bought, and now im scared after seeing this car. I dont know what to do now!
      I've used M80 at least 20 times, with only amazing results, proving the product MUST be idiot proof!
      ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Im just nervous I have watched Mike DVD a few times, but the weather and having no time has permitted me from doing anything. I am on vaca in a few week and I have already stocked up on everything I need, just waiting now until I can crack at it. I was considering just claying then giving a few coats of wax, but I want the car perfect! Sorry to hijack the thread. I hope the original poster can let us know if the problem was fixed at all!
        "Forza Kimi"

Comment

UC is a lot more aggressive than M80, M80 is famous for leaving your car's finish LSP ready. As lng as your using proper technique you should be fine.

And there is always M09 or M06 and even ColorX if it turns out you have really soft paint and M80 leaves behind any micro marring.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

What should I do if I dont have a Brinkman or halogen lights? Too see if the 80 is ok? Right now I have #80, 09, D151, NXT on hand right now. I will be so upset if I ruin the finish of my Civic.
            "Forza Kimi"

Comment

You could always just pull it out into the sun after working a test spot before doing the car then continue? Or just run out and get a brinkman?

Dont worry about working on your car either, you really wont be able to do damage with the g110 unless you throw it at the car I did my civic with flex and 105 and it finished out great! so no worries

The honda paint is soft which is the only problem so the downside to having it perfect is it doesnt last very long

Comment

You guys are great, I am very surprised at how nice everyone is on the forums here, I am used to car forums where everybody is an expert and make smart comments. Thanks guys for the responses! I will try soon, I was told by one site to try a product 1Z something....cant remember exactly now if I just wanted to do it by hand, but I dont want to waste the stuff I have already. I bought the 7.0 cut, polish, finish pads. I guess now I dont need the cutting pads I hear with the g110?
                "Forza Kimi"

Comment

Don't forget to do a test spot!
                  That was the problem with the op
                  do a test to see how your car will react

Comment

Thanks guys, I will post as soon as I give it a go!
                    "Forza Kimi"

Comment

Thanks guys, I will post as soon as I give it a go!
                      Looking forward to your results, but do please start a new, dedicated thread instead of tagging the results to page 9 and soon to be page 10 of this thread.

Thanks!

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

This is almost the same problem I'm having, but thankfully not to this degree. It stems from getting it washed at Dave's House o' 10,000 Scratches. I've used SwirlX and it really helped the gloss but the fine halo scratches are still around. Maybe 205 or Deep Crystal or another suggestion will help.

Comment

Originally posted by 07blkridgeline View Post
                          This is almost the same problem I'm having, but thankfully not to this degree. It stems from getting it washed at Dave's House o' 10,000 Scratches. I've used SwirlX and it really helped the gloss but the fine halo scratches are still around. Maybe 205 or Deep Crystal or another suggestion will help.
                          Having your own thread with some pics will help.

But you cant go milder to remove swirls, you would want either another coat of SwirlX, well worked in, or stepping up to ScratchX 2.0 or UC.
                          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                            You could always just pull it out into the sun after working a test spot before doing the car then continue? Or just run out and get a brinkman?

Dont worry about working on your car either, you really wont be able to do damage with the g110 unless you throw it at the car I did my civic with flex and 105 and it finished out great! so no worries

The honda paint is soft which is the only problem so the downside to having it perfect is it doesnt last very long
                            Hi john,i to have a civic.('93). When you say Honda's paints are quite soft:In which category:

All...
                            color....
                            newer models.....

I've noticed that my ol' civic(met.blue) is actually quite resilient compared to my new black pearl insight.

Comment

Jesus, i hope everything gets worked out. Don't be afraid to approach a professional detailer for advice and possibly to right any problems you can't tackle yourself. The first thing I thought when I saw that pic was : "looks like someone tried to wash their car with a rock".
                              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                              Calais Auto Detailing
                              CalaisDetails@aim.com
                              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

I did my Galaxy all over using Ultimate Compound and followed it with Carnuba wax and the end result was flawless. When I went with the Ford Galaxy Owners Club to Meguiars at Daventry UK, they sectioned my hood with tape and used various preparations by hand and by machine and the Ultimate Compound by hand was the best result. I have used it ever since. Sorry that I'm not more help but I feel sure that the problem lies with your paintwork aand not the compound.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');