• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car got egged last night - pics attached :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: car got egged last night - pics attached

The shell seems to do all the damage. The yoke seemed harmless to me. Cleaned straight off.

The worrying thing is that one minute you're driving down the road with a sparkling car, the next you have major damage requiring a respray, all because somebody thought it was funny.

And even worse, in my case it seemed like they through two eggs, aimed at my open window. Thankfully, neither made it through to the interior. Even the minor amount of splatter that got in the car was a pin in the butt to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicked View Post
      The shell seems to do all the damage. The yoke seemed harmless to me. Cleaned straight off.
      The shell causes the imprint chips or divets in the paint and if the yoke is left onto long it will stain the paint. If this ever happens to anyone reading this thread, try to wash off the egg yoke as soon as possible.

Great pictures of what egg damage looks like. Sorry to hear of your mishap also...

p.s.

I took the liberty to add those pictures to your gallery.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
        If this ever happens to anyone reading this thread, try to wash off the egg yoke as soon as possible.

Yeah sorry, I should have mentioned that I washed the yoke off within 15 minutes, and was lucky enough to find that it had done no damage. Had I left it longer I'm not sure what the effect would be, but I didn't want to find out! Only damage was from the shell at that stage.

Thanks for the gallery add .

Comment

Slick,

Thanks for the insight and the gallery add...that is exactly how mine looks...how much did it cost you to get it re-painted?

Grr...this is sickening...

Yeah sorry, I should have mentioned that I washed the yoke off within 15 minutes, and was lucky enough to find that it had done no damage. Had I left it longer I'm not sure what the effect would be, but I didn't want to find out! Only damage was from the shell at that stage.

Comment

When I smelt the egg from outside as they threw it, I was lucky enough that I was not far from my place so I too washed it out as I got home...the garage still smelt like rotten eggs...

Comment

Why do people do this is it some kind of cult humour bs?

My Freestar got egged twice in my driveway and miraculously had no damage.

I just noticed yesterday that my neighbors explorer got egged on the back door I just don't get it .

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');