• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Shine Towels on Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Shine Towels on Sale

Amazon.com is now selling the Supreme Shine microfiber towels. The 3-pack sells for $8.88, which is $2 more than you can get it at ADS; but if you buy four packs, you only pay $26.64, with free shipping! That's only $2.22 per towel (shipped)--and that price is hard to beat.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: Supreme Shine Towels on Sale

Nice find Al.

Comment

I ordered 4 packs last week in hopes that Amazon sends the SS with satin edges. According to the photo and description, these have the satin edges. I'll post back when they arrive, should be here by Friday. Still a good deal, saves on shipping and tax.
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

If you buy the 36 pack they are only $1.83~ at ADS a piece. Granted, you have some slight shipping costs, but if you combine a large enough order you get a free Meguiar's bag!

Comment

I've got eight bags. ( I don't use) I wish Rick would offer another incentive for buying. Maybe free shipping for orders over $125.00.

Comment

Originally posted by sstg View Post
            I've got eight bags. ( I don't use) I wish Rick would offer another incentive for buying. Maybe free shipping for orders over $125.00.
            I have 4. :P I sure would like a apron though

Comment

For anyone reading this getting into detailing,

Often times the question comes up,

"How many microfiber polishing cloths do I need?

Usually this is from the perspective of detailing a car, as in a Saturday detailing session.

I would just interject that another consideration is washing your microfiber polishing cloths. It's best to not wash microfiber with other types of towels like cotton towels or a load of jeans and t-shirts, so ideally you want to only wash microfiber polishing cloths together in a dedicated microfiber wash load.

Thinking about how many microfibers you need from this perspective, you want enough microfiber polishing cloths to run at least a small load through your washer and dryer.

Something about making a wash and dry load with only 4 items for example always seems kind of wasteful. So instead of stocking up on enough microfiber polishing cloths for a single detailing session, stock up on enough microfiber polishing cloths to at least make a small wash load when you're ready to wash and dry your microfiber polishing cloths.

12 average size microfiber polishing cloths makes for a good small load in most washing machines. So use that as a target number to shoot for when building up your supply for microfiber polishing cloths.

Here's another tip...

Swing by a store like Target or Walmart and pick up a small clothes hamper for the garage and dedicate this for just microfiber polishing cloths. It's vitally important that your microfiber polishing cloths don't get contaminated with dirt and other abrasive particles.

Seems like the wind always blows leaves into our garage and when they dry out and get crinkly and then get on microfiber it's almost impossible to get all the dried leave particles out of the nap of the microfiber nap and in this case washing it with other microfibers will contaminate them also.

So invest in enough microfiber polishing cloths to make a small wash load and invest in a dedicated clothes hamper for the garage to keep them from getting dirty and contaminated.

Then when you have enough dirty microfiber polishing cloths to make a wash load, wash them, dry them and then store them in a place where they wont' get dirty.

Another thing to look for at Target and Walmart that will help you are these roll around plastic cabinets with 4-5 drawers. You can fold your microfiber polishing cloths and place them in the drawers and this will keep them clean so they're always ready to use.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  Something about making a wash and dry load with only 4 items for example always seems kind of wasteful.
                  I've never done anything like that before ... never ... well ... maybe I did this past Sunday ... and perhaps three weeks before that ... and ...
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
                    I've got two of those and the DVD lol.
                    Never used I might add.

Comment

I have 10 bags, and use all of them. I do mobile detailing with my daily driver so it is a great way to move my products around.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                        If you buy the 36 pack they are only $1.83~ at ADS a piece. Granted, you have some slight shipping costs, but if you combine a large enough order you get a free Meguiar's bag!
                        That's how I order mine!
                        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Great Find!!
                          Thanks for Sharing!!
                          Joel
                          Firefighter/EMT-B
                          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                          '99 F-150

Comment