• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of A12 Cleaner Wax. What to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of A12 Cleaner Wax. What to buy?

When I'm not using 80 followed by 2 coats of NXT, I use A12 cleaner wax topped with 2 coats of NXT. I do the whole 12 hrs between coats and the results are beautiful and last for months since all 3 of my vehicles are garaged all day. I've been using cleaner wax for 25 years so although I love it I'm looking to check out some other products specifically #20 Polymer Sealant for the 2 cars I drive and M06 for my wife's kiddie RIDSmobile (I love her too but she isn't car crazy). For paint in good to excellent condition would 20 be better or worse to use than A12 before applying NXT?

Re: Out of A12 Cleaner Wax. What to buy?

Hi:

Based on your posting, I would suggest that you consider using ColorX in place of the cleaner wax.

If you would like to continue with the same process, 20 would really not be the best choice. It is a great product but would better be used as your LSP.

In your process you are using the cleaner wax for it's corrective properties. ColorX would do this same job for you. The added advantage would be that you should only have to follow ColorX with one coat of NXT if desired, so it would save you some time and effort. 1 ColorX + 1 NXT = 2 coats

Also, ColorX is readily available OTC, probably at the same store were you purchase the cleaner wax. The ColorX would be a good choice for the wife's vehilce as well.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

KTruck
    Make it Shine

Comment

I would go with Color X or #6 in the pro line followed by NXT Tech Wax 2.0
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I agree with above. If you want to keep your similar process, Color X followed by your NXT coat or coats would be great.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Are ColorX, 66 and 6 as trim friendly and easy on/off as A12? Those are two things I like about A12.

Comment

I don't know what I'm talking about here, but I'd like to offer a caveat or two to the suggestions raised above and perhaps appeal to higher detailing authority.

ColorX is more aggressive than A-12, and #6 is more aggressive still. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I think I recall Mike P. saying that perhaps the closest to "Cleaner Wax" in the professional line is M20. I mention this because if Sandstone's car is in good to excellent condition, he may not want to use anything more aggressive as a maintenance wax. His wife's car, on the other hand, may need something more aggressive--ColorX may be just the ticket for it.

Cheers,
            Al
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Al,

That's exactly my thought process and why I was thinking about 20 as my NXT prep as all my vehicles are swirl free: even the shiny RIDSmobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandstone View Post
                as all my vehicles are swirl free: even the shiny RIDSmobile.
                "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din."
                Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                --Al Kimel

Comment

colorx would be a great choice

Comment

Nick, I stumbled upon this thread http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&highlight=m20 where you and Mike Phillips were recently discussing using NXT over 20. Did you ever try it? If you did, what were the results? If you didn't I'm definitely going to try it since I like the idea of using a "sealant with light cleaning ability" before a single coat of sealant.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');