• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTT: Megs Supreme Shine MF's w/ Silk Edges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTT: Megs Supreme Shine MF's w/ Silk Edges

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some Meg's Supreme Shine Microfibers that have the yellow silk-like edging on them. I have a couple that I somehow acquired and wish I had more. Word is the silk edge version are the older MF's and no longer produced.

Here is my offer: I've got an pending order to ADS and if anyone has a few of the silk edge MF's, I'll trade you the silks for the newer non-silk versions. Straight up 1 for 1 trade, looking for new MF's only. I've read various opinions on MOL about the silk edges, but I seem to like them more than the newer ones. Preference goes to anyone who has a few to trade (cut down on shipping). Looking for about 5 or 6 total.

Just tossing that out there. PM me or reply to this if you want to work something out. If someone has a product number for the silk versions, I'll do some leg-work on the web to see if I can track any down.

Thanks,
    Dave
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Re: WTT: Megs Supreme Shine MF's w/ Silk Edges

Sorry.
    Do you mean the Ultimate Wipe Microfiber Towel from Meguiars?
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

i think he means the Supreme Shine Microfibers but when they were made with the silk edges, i think they changed the Supreme Shines in 2006 to remove the silk edges
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        i think he means the Supreme Shine Microfibers but when they were made with the silk edges, i think they changed the Supreme Shines in 2006 to remove the silk edges
        Correct. They are yellow micros, just have a darker yellow edge that is made from a silk/poly material. I believe the same edges can be found on the water magents?

Comment

The new Water Magnets had the black silk edge removed as well I believe.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

That is correct.
            I just got 2 new water magnets with just the stitching edging.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

All of my SS have the silk lining. Same part number though, just a design "improvement."

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                All of my SS have the silk lining. Same part number though, just a design "improvement."
                I just ordered a few from Amazon.com, according to the photo and description they have the satin edging. If not, I'll send them back.

Can't figure out how removing the satin edge is an improvement, other than possibly cutting down on production costs?

I believe all of the Gold Class type packages had the satin edges, it looks the when they changed over to the newer packaging it was dropped. Just an observation from online photos.

Comment

They did have a problem with the edging coming loose... I have about 20 with the edging and never had a problem.
                  Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                  Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                    Can't figure out how removing the satin edge is an improvement, other than possibly cutting down on production costs?
                    A couple years ago when the satin edge was removed from the towels, I think Mike said that over the years the satin edging ended up not holding too well to repeated washings.

I have both versions of the towel and do not have a preference for one over the other. They both work just as well for me.
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
                      A couple years ago when the satin edge was removed from the towels, I think Mike said that over the years the satin edging ended up not holding too well to repeated washings.

I have both versions of the towel and do not have a preference for one over the other. They both work just as well for me.
                      I can see how that might happen, although removing a portion of the mfg process would probably help the overall profit per item. I'm all for people making money and I understand that Megs strives to have very competitive products that exceed users expectation. (which we are all thankful for!)

I ended up ordering 12 towels for $25 shipped from Amazon. If you buy 3, the 4th pack is free. Not a bad deal IMO, little higher than ADS but there is a chance these have the satin edges and I'm willing to take a small chance.

Comment

Hopefully they turn out to be right, but who knows.

I certainly never had a problem with fraying....
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Unless they have the *Photo may not represent the actual product,* you could probably send them back if you really wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                            Unless they have the *Photo may not represent the actual product,* you could probably send them back if you really wanted.
                            That's the plan. The product description has the satin edges listed as well, so I'm hopeful. Amazon is usually pretty good about updating their site for products, so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                              That's the plan. The product description has the satin edges listed as well, so I'm hopeful. Amazon is usually pretty good about updating their site for products, so we'll see.
                              Just an update to this thread. Amazon ships the new 3-packs, not the Gold Class ones with satin edging. So the search continues...

Any suggestions where to look?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');