• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question for mike again...and anyone esle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for mike again...and anyone esle

I clayed my truck and then in attempt to remove the water spots from my truck I tried the Megs scratch x just like you told me mike...You could see that it helped some but the water spots are there in a very light manner.....this other web site stated that some professional details say that it needs a acid bath if there that bad, and that a secret that is used is a gallon a distilled vineagar....washing the vehicle with that using a sponge after a wash and then wash the vehicle on afterwards.....Anywords of advice or products to use....i used the megs professional cleaner wax and it helped a little, this was applied with a regualar orbital buffer.....please help the color is maroon or burgandy u could say...........

Check this link out for starters,

Two kinds of water spots

There are two kinds of water spots,

1) Above Surface Mineral Deposits
    2) Below Surface Water Spot Etchings

If you have type 1 water spots, you can use a clay bar by hand. Clay bars are for removing above surface defects. Sometimes you may have to follow the claying process with a paint cleaner like ScratchX to completely remove all traces of where the mineral deposits attached to the finish.

If you type 2 water spots, you can use a paint cleaner by hand, or a machine applied cleaner/polish, paint cleaner or in a worst case scenario, a compound.

It couldn't hurt to try washing the car with a Vinager solution, you could at least test this idea in a small area first. But if it's Type 1 Spots, then clay should also remove them..

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');