• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westley's Bleche White Tire Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westley's Bleche White Tire Cleaner

I agree with the other BW users, I use it and I love the stuff. Since I usually have a coat of dressing on and my tires don't get too dirty, I will dilute the BW to a mixture of about half and half or maybe even less and it still works great. Plus you can go out and buy the refill jugs and they are a little cheaper (per oz. of course).

Also, this is a great forum. I remember originally signing up to win the free PC during the monthly drawings back in the day, now I'm hooked and this is the only forum I really go to. Great people around here as well.
    "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

I use the Bleche White too. As much as I love APC for interior and general cleaning (and wheel wells too), Bleche White really does a good job of cleaning off dirt, road grime, and old tire dressing.

--Al

Comment

Thank you for the comments guys. I used to use the Meguiar's NXT Tire Cleaner but I ran out. I will try the Westley's Bleche this weekend.

Comment

Over the years I have used it anytime there were white walls or lettering and never had a problem.

Before Westley's BW I used to use SOS steel wool pads. Nothing beats Bleche White for work versus results...nothing gets the white whiter.
          It is harsh and strong...especially if the wind is blowing the wrong way you need to hold your breath. On regular black walled tires IMHO it's overkill.

Cleaning composite brake pad dust of my front tires has been a problem lately and I tried many products before settling on Eagle One A2Z All Wheel Tire Cleaner aerosol Not the pump bottle. I avoid any tire cleaner on my wheels and use car wash soap.

Comment

How do you guys use this? It says not to get it on the rims but there is bound do be some overspray. And when you rinse it off the tires, it runs down onto the rims.

Comment

I have used it a few times before but not often. I used it because I was stupid and applied a new coat of hot shine gel every time I washed my truck and realized a few months later that I was getting massive amounts of gel build up gunk. I tried lots of APC+ on it, worked decent, the old tire cleaner that megs had in an aerosol worked a little, but neither quite got it all off. So I got BW and did an attempt with it and a hard bristled brush, worked well, but a little still on so I did another hit with BW and after that my tire was completely clean.

I have chrome rims, but I spray the entire tire down and then lightly spray the wheel with water to wash off overspary, when lightly washing it, only the bottom of the tire has the BW removed so it isn't that big of a deal. Good product for ever once in a while IMO

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
              Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

well if you have a white vehicle,that wont turn white,wet it down,and spray bleche wite on it. wash like normal,and rinse. its white! also works good for removing bugs the same way . cleans inner fenders well also

Comment

Originally posted by waxman1 View Post
                  well if you have a white vehicle,that wont turn white,wet it down,and spray bleche wite on it. wash like normal,and rinse. its white! also works good for removing bugs the same way . cleans inner fenders well also

Some great advice you have given us.

Who in their right mind would spray down dirty white paint with WB?

Use it to remove bugs? Really?

I am sure it cleans the inner fender wells fine and also stains the paint or plastic piece in the wells and ruins them.

Nick
                  Tucker's Detailing Services
                  815-954-0773
                  2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I think everyone at one time or another used Westley's Bleche White Tire Cleaner. I switched over to Meguiar's Detailers line and now use APC+ and it works just as well and is allot less expensive.....
                    BobbyG

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyG View Post
                      I think everyone at one time or another used Westley's Bleche White Tire Cleaner. I switched over to Meguiar's Detailers line and now use APC+ and it works just as well and is allot less expensive.....
                      I use Bleche White but plan on switching to something less risky like APC or APC+ What concentration are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by waxman1 View Post
                        Essentially you are making an acid wash. There are much better ways to achieve those results. They may not be the quickest, but a lot safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
                          I use Bleche White but plan on switching to something less risky like APC or APC+ What concentration are you using?
                          APC or APC+
                          • 4:1 for heavy duty cleaning
                            • Tires & Wheels
                          • 10:1 for light duty cleaning
                            • Interiors

BobbyG

Comment

For white walls and white lettering I used an SOS pad and got amazing results. This way I did not need to worry about over spray on to the rims. Its a bit old school but I feel it gets the best results with the minimum amount of chemicals used to get the job done.

Comment

I've got white lettering and APC/APC+/Super Degreaser works just fine on them. Though, I don't have to worry about acid getting somewhere it shouldn't.

Comment

I think SD is a much cheaper option and performs the same if not better than BW.
                                Tedrow's Detailing
                                845-642-1698
                                Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');