• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westley's Bleche White Tire Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westley's Bleche White Tire Cleaner

Hi guys,

I was at Walmart this last weekend and picked up SwirlX and the Ultimate Compound. While I was there, I saw that Bleche White was less than $3 so I bought a bottle.

When I got home and red the directions on the back, I was surprised at how many warnings and cautions the label had. It sounded too strong and that it could damage the clear coat on your wheels. You have to wear gloves to apply it and if it gets on the skin, you have to rinse it for 15 minutes and so forth.

Does anybody use the Bleche White to clean the tires? How do you like it?

I am thinking of returning it next time I go to Walmart. It sounds too strong and dangerous.

Re: Westley's Bleche White Tire Cleaner

I use it & like it. It really cleans the tires & if you have raised white letters it does the best job of anything I have found for cleaning them. I have chrome wheels & it has never hurt them. It is strong, but use common sense and be careful. If you look at the warnings that are on pretty much everything and worry about them being safe or not, there wouldn't be too much stuff you would use. Companies put warnings on to protect themselves from idiots.
    Just my 2 cents

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

You do have to be careful when using this product around some coatings and materials.

For some wheels there's no danger, like chrome wheels as chrome is pretty much impervious to most chemicals. Just about any other coating or material your wheel is made out of you might want to process with caution or choose a different product.

Also do a search on this forum using Westley's Bleche and read through some of the other threads on this topic.

Advanced Search

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the comments. My wheels are factory clear coated. I have a couple of small dings/scratches on the edges from parking too close to the curb, but that's an other story.
        Mike, I should have searched before I posted. There was quite a bit of talk about Westley's in the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Piku View Post
          There was quite a bit of talk about Westley's in the forum.
          With over 28 thousand threads, there's a little of everything on the forum.

Stats
          Members: 20,901
          Threads: 28,564

We're not one of those forums where our members answer every post with,

"Use the search button"

It's a handy tool for sure but we try to raise the bar a tick little higher...

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I really like the stuff.
            I do not use gloves and I do not apply it to the wheels.
            Joel
            Firefighter/EMT-B
            Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
            "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
            '99 F-150

Comment

I have used it on my tires before and went right back to using Meguiars APC because i did not notice a difference in cleaning ability
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

You use Westleys on the tires only, try to avoid the rims. Do one tire at a time and rinse well.

Comment

Ive been using that stuff since I was a kid. It is very strong but it does an awesome job at cleaning the tires. Ive yet to find anything that tops it.

Im very careful not to get it on the rim. I make sure the rims are wet before spraying it on the tires and if any gets on the rim I spray it right off. Also, try not to breathe it, it will take your breath away.

If you do get it on your skin, that slippery feeling is not the bleche white, its your skin coming off....
                  Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

It's a pretty strong cleaner, great for white walls or white lettering to restore a crisp, bright white color.

Always be careful with any strong cleaner for rubber so you don't over use it and after cleaning a tire face try to put some kind of dressing on afterwards.

All Meguiar's tire dressings in our Consumer Line contain Antiozonants to help maintain the rubber.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I like it too

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                        We're not one of those forums where our members answer every post with,

"Use the search button"

It's a handy tool for sure but we try to raise the bar a tick little higher...

Yeah this is definitely something that I noticed and that makes Meguiar's forum stand out from the rest. I don't understand why everyone thinks that everything on a message board should only be said once and then every other time people should always do a search. It makes sense logically, and it can be frustrating to answer the same question OVER and OVER and OVER again but one thing I've noticed here at Meguiar's forum is that even when a question is asked twice, sometimes, the second or third time will lead to slightly different (improved, changed, etc...) answers than the first. Or maybe just another viewpoint will be posted.

There is a certain aspect of "friendliness" that makes a forum a good, positive place to be and I think people on many other boards forget this or just don't care. Frankly, it's more difficult to not be rude sometimes than it is to just type whatever is on the top of your head just as you thought it. It's like when we're talking: If someone says to me "Um, so which car wax is your favorite?" I don't say "You could have not said 'um, so' but anyway, it's Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0" because saying stuff like that kills the positive energy of the conversation. Anyway, I'll shut up now but I did want to mention that that is one of the things I certainly appreciate about this forum. Thanks!
                        -HealthyCivic
                        Check out the glossary

Comment

this is a great forum to be a part of, I havent found a product line out there besides Meguiars who has fufilled my every need when it comes to detailing
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

i would of just returned it and got the EO1 tire cleaner instead LOL...

Comment

I love the stuff, I spray my wheels with water, spray the front tire with that, then the wheel with all wheel cleaner, then do the same on the back, giving it a chance to soak in a little, and I hit the sidewall with a stiffer brush, makes my white lettering pop, I love it!
                              2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');