• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt Tech VS Gold Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt Tech VS Gold Class

Hi....friends...

Just a mail from the other side of the world. I am quite new to this forum but I found it's very good. I have been a fan of Gold Class series products for many years (since I was studying in Maryland). Recently, a couple friend of mine have used the Nxt Tech Series and recommended me to go for it. Therefore, I need your advice on the differences between these two series in both applications and results.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks....

Luck

Re: Nxt Tech VS Gold Class

Originally posted by Suttiluk
    Hi....friends...

Just a mail from the other side of the world. I am quite new to this forum but I found it's very good. I have been a fan of Gold Class series products for many years (since I was studying in Maryland). Recently, a couple friend of mine have used the Nxt Tech Series and recommended me to go for it. Therefore, I need your advice on the differences between these two series in both applications and results.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks....

Luck
    :Welcome Suttiluk

Good to have new members especially global ones.

I can tell you that NXT Tech wax is amazing. It goes on easy and comes off easy. It leaves a great shine that actually gets better hours after removal as the polymers crosslink. I think you will like NXT better than the Gold Class Wax. I know I do.

Apply very thin coats to a cool finish. Leave it rest for about 30 minutes then remove with a microfiber towel. Two coats looks better than one. Wait 12-24 hours and apply the second coat.

I also like to use the NXT Booster spray wax after every couple of washes. It keep the finish looking and feeling like it was just freshly waxed.

Again, welcome to the forum.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Re: Nxt Tech VS Gold Class

Originally posted by Suttiluk
      Hi....friends...

Any suggestions?

Many thanks....

Luck
      Hi Suttiluk,

Gold Class Wax is a blended wax, it uses both synthetic polymers and natural Carnauba wax for protection. It is also a polish wax and contains Meguiar's trade secret polishing oils to add richness, reflectivity, clarity and gloss.

NXT Tech Wax is a pure synthetic wax, it contains no natural ingredients except for water. It is Meguiar's longest lasting, best protection wax. It also will dramatically help to eliminate swirls.

Check out the results from one hand-applied coat of Tech Wax on this black Corvette,

Give it a try and see what you think...

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

So which is better to use?? I have never used either only the original Meguiars wax.

Do i want to use a Carnauba wax??

Comment

Originally posted by Mstngkiller
          So which is better to use?? I have never used either only the original Meguiar's wax.

Do i want to use a Carnauba wax??
          Hi Mstngkiller,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

The NXT Tech Wax offers better protection, but both will look great when applied to a new, like-new, or previously cleaned polished paint. For many people, it will be one of those things where you'll have to try for yourself and then make up your own mind.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

People are still very much confused about polisher and wax (especially where I live). They feel that in order for the car to have a wet and glossy look, true canuba or synthetic wax are the most important ingredient of the process. They just don't realize that new, like-new, or previously cleaned polished paint ( like Mike said) is even more important and shouldbe acheived first. You just have to polish your car to the maximum gloss first, then wax can help adding richness, reflectivity and clarity.
            Just a thought, a $100 wax cannot make your car look better on a dull finish.

Good luck and Enjoy MEG's stuff. It's amazing.

Comment

Mike,

will using GC car wash, followed by a coat of GC wax hurt the coat of NXT i just put on friday morning?

my car got a little dirty, and it rained a bit today while my car was under a tree, which got some **** on it. I wanted to wash my car first thing tomorrow, and was curious to try out the products i got in the Start-to-Finish care package for christmas

'97 Mustang GT
              Black/Black leather

Comment

Hi Matt,

Gold Class Wash is Meguiar's slickest car wash, it's non-detergent and pH balanced and formulated especially for washing your car, it won't harm anything.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tanat198
                  People are still very much confused about polisher and wax (especially where I live). They feel that in order for the car to have a wet and glossy look, true canuba or synthetic wax are the most important ingredient of the process. They just don't realize that new, like-new, or previously cleaned polished paint ( like Mike said) is even more important and shouldbe acheived first. You just have to polish your car to the maximum gloss first, then wax can help adding richness, reflectivity and clarity.
                  what would be a good polish to use?? I need to clay my car which i plan on doing soon. Would i still need to polish it afterwords then apply the wax.

i have the GC wax at the moment since it came in the gift pack but i plan on switching to the NXT product with everything. I have been wondering what is canuba wax?? i have heard people say not to use anything with it but it seems thats the thing to have.

and thanks for the help

Comment

Carnauba wax is the purified form of a plant extract. It is the hardest natural wax in existence and forms a strong seal over your car.

The waxes used on cars are actually only contain a small amount of carnauba, since pure carnauba has a consistency similar to wood. The liquid or paste portion of the car wax is just to carry carnauba particles onto the finish -- the liquids evaporate and the carnauba is left behind in a thin layer.

NXT is a synthetic sealant, using polymers instead of wax to seal the surface against contaminants.

Polishes do one of two things -- restore oils that paint loses over time or, for those polishes containing abrasives, smooth the top layer of paint to restore a glassy finish.

A polish makes your paint look good, a wax/sealant keeps it that way. What polish to use depends on the condition of your paint -- generally, the more deterioration of your paint, the more time you spend polishing with more aggressive materials.

A paint cleaner, which like polishes can contain abrasives, removes contaminants and stains via a chemical process. Claying your car is cleaning it mechanically.

The general rule: wash, clay, clean, polish, wax. Each step adds to the appearance of your car. You can get products that combine steps, but typically you get better results with dedicated products for each step.
                    "The reason men call cars 'she' is so they have one female they can claim to understand"

Comment

Originally posted by Galcobar
                      Carnauba wax is the purified form of a plant extract. It is the hardest natural wax in existence and forms a strong seal over your car.

The waxes used on cars are actually only contain a small amount of carnauba, since pure carnauba has a consistency similar to wood. The liquid or paste portion of the car wax is just to carry carnauba particles onto the finish -- the liquids evaporate and the carnauba is left behind in a thin layer.

NXT is a synthetic sealant, using polymers instead of wax to seal the surface against contaminants.

Polishes do one of two things -- restore oils that paint loses over time or, for those polishes containing abrasives, smooth the top layer of paint to restore a glassy finish.

A polish makes your paint look good, a wax/sealant keeps it that way. What polish to use depends on the condition of your paint -- generally, the more deterioration of your paint, the more time you spend polishing with more aggressive materials.

A paint cleaner, which like polishes can contain abrasives, removes contaminants and stains via a chemical process. Claying your car is cleaning it mechanically.

The general rule: wash, clay, clean, polish, wax. Each step adds to the appearance of your car. You can get products that combine steps, but typically you get better results with dedicated products for each step.
                      Very good summary Galcobar!

Mike
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Perfect Thanks for the info Galcobar

Comment

After this many months of reading and experimenting, all I can say is that summary is courtesy of other detailing afficianados being willing to share their knowledge with me -- it's only fair I pay it forward.
                          "The reason men call cars 'she' is so they have one female they can claim to understand"

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');