• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you dry your pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you dry your pads?

After reading the responses, looks like the poll should be broken down by the type of pad you have? The new soft Buff pads that are intended to be machine washed and dried (wash machine/dryer that is).....come out great that way. The time savings is a major factor here too.
    Barry

Comment

I like the rotary technique for drying pads, but it doesn't work with an orbital cause the pad will fly off. I need a bucket with a base that I can press the pad onto so it wont fling off. If the base was just slightly below the top/opening of the bucket, the bucket would catch all the water flinging off the pad.

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        I know this way is not recommended, But with the 8006, or the 9006 pads. After washing them, I would put them in the dryer on medium heat. After about 20 minutes take them out and let them air dry the rest of the way.
        I tried this last year, tossed all of my pads into the washer, then dryer on low heat.

They all came out fine and these were the "old" pads.

Comment

When you remove a dirty pad from your machine, immediately place it in a bucket of water with a d-limonene (citrus) based cleaner (P21S Total Auto Wash), micro fibre detergent, or use a pad cleaner, to keep the products from drying in the pores. When you are ready to clean them, rinse well, re-wash and leave to air-dry Velcro side up on a grit guard or drying rack
          ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Rotary and an air compressor.
            If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

I've never had a problem with a pad coming off of the DA when using it to dry them, but generally I'll just flip them upside down and let them air dry.
              Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
              Houston Area Mobile Detailing
              www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

I air dry my pads. I use my Grit Guards and a little basket I took from my freezer. I need to make some sort of drying rack

Comment

Same here, Bill.

My wife always complains that I have pads drying on the bathroom sink :P
                  Shawn - Final Touch Auto Detail
                  Houston Area Mobile Detailing
                  www.FinalTouchAutoDetail.com

Comment

Originally posted by FinalTouchDetail View Post
                    My wife always complains that I have pads drying on the bathroom sink :P

You can get some plastic shelving units from Costco pretty cheap. ~$30 for a 5 level plastic shelving unit. It's actually open aired on the bottom. It would be perfect for drying pads and storing products.

I think I already have about 10-15 or so plastic shelving units throughout the house, but it seems you can never have enough.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with Tim on this one.

In a rush to start on my 2nd vehicle of the day, I threw a just washed LC OP to the PC. Watched as the mist started spraying from the pad, then the pad seperated from the hook and loop backing. FML!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');