• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about washing microfiber cloths and 100% cotten cloths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about washing microfiber cloths and 100% cotten cloths

So I washed my microfiber and 100% cotton cloths using tide with bleach and i notice that after i did this that it said not to wash them using bleach. Why are you not suppose to use bleach, does it ruin the fibers? And because of that could it scratch the surface of the car

Re: question about washing microfiber cloths and 100% cotten cloths

Bleach is a very strong solution and I would imagine that it would ruin the fibers by degrading them and making them coarse. You have to be careful with bleach on any material.

Comment

Bigworm, check out these instructions on caring for your microfiber towels.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
        Pretty much how I do it.

Comment

ok thankyou

Comment

While it's not a good thing to do, has he actually ruined his MF by washing them with bleach the one time?
            I realize that one time of something can be one time too many, but it would be very unfortunate as well as expensive if that one mistake caused him to have to replace all his MF.
            Would any damage be apparent by touch or even visually?
            Charles
            The Rainmaker

Comment

My understanding is that reason you don't bleach Microfiber cloths is that it will shorten their life. That is why it is not recommended. So I would say that bleaching them one time will not have ruined them.

Mike
              Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I wash mine separate with Warm/Hot Water using Tide w/Bleach Alternative.

If your really used bleach it would discolor your towels anyway...

Bleach can ruin your stuff.
                Matt

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');