Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is glue-pull dent repair safe?

Registered Member

Re: Is glue-pull dent repair safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck91 View Post
    it depends on the location of the dent, severity/size of the dent. Not all dents are fixed the same way either.
    Thanks for the reply. Maybe I did not explain right. My point is that if I have the same 3 dents in the car and shop around I shuold be getting similar prices but I am seeing quotes to fix all three dents ranging from 150 dollars to 300 dollars.

Registered Member

Every PDR tech you find has a different level of talent/experience. A newer tech with less experience who isn't as competent is willing to drop the price to get the work. An established tech who does great work probably isn't going to give any breaks, since he can get his higher prices anywhere.

Depends on what you want for quality.

If you want a fiscal break generally you will pay for it with the quality you receive.

The PDR market is beginning to find some stability with pricing, as insurance companies are getting involved and "setting" guidelines.

--It costs about $75.00 to repair 1 ding in your door no bigger than a quarter. If damage is on a separate panel, you will charged for another panel, usually being charged less than the 1st panel. If the remaining damage is on the same panel, you should you shouldn't be charged much more than the origianl $75 because the tech is already "in" that panel and it isn't usually difficult to repair an additional ding.--

CHOP- there are some different techniques out there, but none justify the huge disparities in pricing. Usually the differences in pricing is due to talent and workload.
    Last edited by d.langenfeld; Apr 12th, 2009 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Forgot to answer second question.....

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by d.langenfeld View Post
    Every PDR tech you find has a different level of talent/experience. A newer tech with less experience who isn't as competent is willing to drop the price to get the work. An established tech who does great work probably isn't going to give any breaks, since he can get his higher prices anywhere.

Depends on what you want for quality.

If you want a fiscal break generally you will pay for it with the quality you receive.

The PDR market is beginning to find some stability with pricing, as insurance companies are getting involved and "setting" guidelines.

--It costs about $75.00 to repair 1 ding in your door no bigger than a quarter. If damage is on a separate panel, you will charged for another panel, usually being charged less than the 1st panel. If the remaining damage is on the same panel, you should you shouldn't be charged much more than the origianl $75 because the tech is already "in" that panel and it isn't usually difficult to repair an additional ding.--

CHOP- there are some different techniques out there, but none justify the huge disparities in pricing. Usually the differences in pricing is due to talent and workload.
    Thanks. Great answer. That is exaclty the info I was looking for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information