• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers

Hi All

1st time on here and just wanted some advise. My knowledge is pretty limited on this subjuct.... I know the basics but thats about it....

Here Goes... I have some 6x9s in my car and they dont seem to be give the full output. When i turn the balance on the head unit to the right the sound is much much clearer and louder. and the same when i turn it to the left.... But when i have it central through both its not as loud or clearer.

I wondered how i go about sorting this out will i need to just run new speaker wire to each... I just want the sound to come from the back not the speakers in the door i disconnected the door speakers...

MG ZR

Re: Speakers

First, since this is your first post to this forum,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

I'm no audiophile but it sounds like a wire problem assuming both speakers are in proper working order.

Is it possible you have the negative and positive wires hooked up wrong? That can cause that type of problem also.

I'm sure our more astute audiophiles will chime in.

I'm going to move this to the Break Room which is where off-topic posts should be posted, Detailing 101 is mostly for car detailing questions.

Now if you wanted to dress the speaker grill or something like that then Detailing 101 would be the right forum group.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

First of all, welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Just to let you know, this is a car detailing forum. So the topics in here are usually about detailing cars: Waxing, polishing, paint cleaning, washing, etc... Someone on this message board may have an answer for you but this will probably be moved to The Break Room or a more suitable forum. You may also want to try another message board that has an auto electronics/audio forum or a forum for your specific car.
      -HealthyCivic
      Check out the glossary

Comment

Thanks people...... Sorry i didnt realise...

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');