• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Cable

Are these available in stores? I don't want to order one online. Sorry for the newbie question everyone.

-Joe
    -Joe-
    www.jeepgarage.org

Re: Porter Cable

Lowe's and Home Depot use to carry them but a couple of years ago word on the street was they quit carrying them.

You could check with your local Lowe's and Home Depot, maybe they still have one?

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Ok. Will do. Thanks Mike.
      -Joe-
      www.jeepgarage.org

Comment

I haven't seen them in my area in Lowe's or Home Depot. I've seen them in tool specialty stores at a excellerated price! The last PC I priced out was $229.00!
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

My lowes had them for about 215!

I ordered mine from amazon, guess how much i paid for it.

$150

Comment

Coastal Tools has the PC for around 100 bucks, pretty cheap.

ADS has G110 packages (I know you didn't want to go online but, worth taking a peek).

Check the PBE stores in your area, I've seen some say they saw the G100 at stores and some of the bigger PBE's may have PC's as well.

Comment

The big box stores are less like to have them on the shelves theses days, they mostly stick to stuff that sells in high volume to the DIY homeowner and construction contractor markets. They can probably order it but don’t be surprised if you have to pay full retail for a special order.

It’s primarily marketed for use as a sander. So your best bet is to check with discount tool suppliers that cater to the professional woodworking and construction industries.

Porter-Cable has a dealer locator on their website.

When you buy it from a tool supplier it can come as a 7424, 7335 or 7336. It doesn’t matter which you get because the primary differences are parts that you’ll want to remove an throw away anyway, the pad if it’s a 7424 or backing plates if it’s either a 7335 or 7336. You’ll want to chuck those and replace them with a Velcro faced plate that’s made for buffing, like a Meguiar’s W67DA.

If your tool store doesn’t have a flexible backing plate for buffing pads (they almost certainly won’t, and don’t let them try to convince you that a rigid plate meant for sanding is the same thing), you can get one at an automotive paint and body supplier.

The other difference between the three is which counterweight comes built in. But that doesn’t matter for buffing because both work. So just leave whichever comes with it alone.

pc.

Comment

Thank You Sir.
                -Joe-
                www.jeepgarage.org

Comment

Hi There:
                  Go to auto geek .com for a better price.The smart thing to do is buy the kits that come w/the polisher.If you want the p/c 7424 throw away the white pad that comes with it.(too rough for auto paint use) If you have the bucks get the flex 3401 orbital faster,better & is gear driven.
                  Places like Lowes do not stock these items due to slow turn over & the cost.They will order for you ,but then you only get the polisher.
                  robsc501

Comment

I know Sherwin Williams has them in the Automotive Section
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      I know Sherwin Williams has them in the Automotive Section
                      Dangnabbit, my sister just got laid off from S.W. but they don't have a automotive section.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                        Dangnabbit, my sister just got laid off from S.W. but they don't have a automotive section.....
                        They have a seperate shop placed right next to it is what I mean to say, but that just could be my area that has that

They actually have a lot of Meguiars Pro/Detailer Line products and are reasonably priced
                        Nick
                        Tucker's Detailing Services
                        815-954-0773
                        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');