• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grit Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grit Guard

Grit Guard Link

I was skeptical (as usual) of the need for this detailing item. I thought I was doing ok without it. I mean I use the 2 bucket method to wash. Actually 3 bucket, can't forget the wheel and tire bucket. What more do I need. Well it's the grit guard. I was shocked at how much grit remained in my wash bucket after washing. That's with 2 buckets (changing out rinse bucket several times) and the grit guard. Can't imagine washing without it now.

When someone suggests the grit guard, don't write it off as some money making gizmo, it's worth money.

Grit guard=

I have the same feeling... a few months ago I ordered few products from Meguiars and thought lets give it a try, if I don't like it put it on ebay. It was worth EVERY penny works like a charm.

I see the ones at walmart (not grit guard but a look alike) if you look at the grid at walmart you will see there is places for the dirt to collect in the "V" shaped areas and stay in the wash mit area where the grit guard does not have ant places to collect the dirt. Ok, ok enough.... What I am saying stick with the original Grit Guard they work!
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hi scrub,

I'm glad you like yours.

After using this one time, I knew I would never want to be without it. I show it, and encourage all of the people who attend our clinics on Saturdays to invest in one, and I promise them, they won't be sorry.

Grit Guard Insert

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

as long as you dont let your washing mit or spong sink to the bottom of the bucket shouldn't you get the same results?
        just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike M
          as long as you dont let your washing mit or spong sink to the bottom of the bucket shouldn't you get the same results?
          just a thought.
          Kind of. The grit guard also provides a place to scrub the wash mitt against in the event grit and sand is picked up in the mitt. The agitation against the guard will help release the sand.

Comment

using the 2 bucket method, which bucket would i have the grit guard in?

Comment

Both if you have them. You can even double them up for even more room betwen the bottom of the bucket and the area your mitt is dipped into.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I just bought 2 grit guard inserts (shipping on their way to my house) and are you sayin I should get 2 more to be extra extra safe when washing a dirty truck?

Comment

I dunno if you need four of them.. 2 certainly works. It is like I think the car isnt 'too' dirty, but I still wash it, and then I dump out the bucket of rinse water afterwards, and still have to rinse sand out of the bottom. Dont know where it all comes from.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just a quick stupid question, but does anyone know the correct way to insert the grit guard in the bucket. The picture is hard to tell which way is up and which is the bottom? Screen facing the bottom of the bucket, or at the top?

Thanks...
                    - "IF I HAD MORE HANDS, I WOULD GIVE YOU FOUR THUMBS DOWN"

Comment

Originally posted by Weekend Detailer
                      Just a quick stupid question, but does anyone know the correct way to insert the grit guard in the bucket. The picture is hard to tell which way is up and which is the bottom? Screen facing the bottom of the bucket, or at the top?

Thanks...
                      I've yet to use one, but the screen looks to be facing up to me.

It would have to be up in order to wipe a wash mitt against it.
                      r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Weekend Detailer

Thanks...
                        you will be able to tell when you get it. if you put it in the wrong way you won't be able to use it, as the grit guard will be upside down.

Comment

You will be able to tell right away, but just in case, the screen part will be on top, and the baffles on the bottom to keep your mit and inch or two off the bottom of the bucket.

Comment

I just got mine in the mail today and here's a stupid question for you but just wondering... I have 2 standard size 5 gallon buckets and when I put them in they fit really snug considering I have to press them in there....but my question is... are they pretty durable? I'm kinda afraid of breaking one of the 4 legs off one if I pressed it in to hard.

Comment

Seems pretty durable... I mean, even if it breaks, it can be glued back. If you can tell where is catching, you can even shave it back a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');