• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Compartment Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Compartment Detailing

Having recently read a thread about how to clean an engine compartment and how strong of a cleaner is required, I thought I would post a couple of pictures.

This is our 2000 GTP which we bought new. 65,000 miles and it has never had an engine cleaner or dressing used on it. I wash it with a mitt and my regular car wash soap, then rinse it with a light spray of water and wipe it down with a cotton terry towel.

This is our 1981 Corvette that has about 85,000 miles on it. It is also cleaned with a mitt and car wash and no dressing.

They look like the pictures after every wash.
    I really think the secret to engine detailing is to do it regularly. Just like your paint, it's a lot easier to keep it clean than it is to clean it up after it has been neglected for some time.
    Charles
    The Rainmaker

Re: Engine Compartment Detailing

Looks awesome!

Living in a rural area, I'm not as persistant on my engine bay but I don't neglect it either.

Good show
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Looks great!! Very nice work with just a wash mitt!

Ryan
      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Great Job!!
        Looks Good!!
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

Your engines look great. I agree regular maintenance is the key. Good work.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');