• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Car Wash: water softener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Car Wash: water softener

Engineered water softener helps reduce deposits in hard water, leaving behind a spot-free finish.
    So I was curious how the water softner in NXT Car Wash works and I think I may have found an answer:

Hard water can be a problem because it causes pipes to clog. Using a water softener can help solve this problem, but how does it work?

My original assumption was that perhaps the NXT Car Wash is formulated to leave behind some chemicals on the paint that would retard the formation of water spots. I believe this is wrong.

From the article on howstuffworks.com, I believe the NXT car wash would only neutralize the water spot forming metals within the car wash bucket. So after you rinse the car wash off, then you'd still have to wipe off ASAP.

If you tend to wash and rinse your car a section/panel at a time, then I suppose the NXT doesn't offer too much of an advantage over other car washes. However, if you tend to wash the entire car then rinse, then it might provide some benefit in terms of preventing water spots from forming.

These have been my conclusions I have drawn from the limited information I have searched around for. Please correct me if my conclusions are misleading or false.
    2008 Infiniti M35 Worklog

Re: NXT Car Wash: water softener

Probably correct. It wont affect the water in the hose, just what is laying around on the car while you wash.

So yeah, it seems like the longer you could just leave the soap on the car, (cool area, out of the sun), the better.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

you could use the flooding technique to rinse which i have found to eliminate at least 85% of water spots considering you have a well waxed car. maybe someone can post the link to the flooding video.

Comment

Great link!
        Man I was way off!!

Comment

I like how the NXT Car Wash shampoo is so concentrated (therefore practical), foamy and leaves a pleasant smell. To avoid the watermarks, I also use the flooding rinsing technique, then quickly gliding away with my Jelly Water Blade.
          Greetings from the Montero Sport Club of the Philippines! Visit us online at: www.monterosportclubphils.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');