• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Jetta Leatherette Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Jetta Leatherette Care

Hi:

Just bought a Jetta TDI wagon (Black, what I've been searching for!!) and was wondering how to best care for/protect the interior - "leatherette." Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: 2009 Jetta Leatherette Care

Anytime I tackle leather I really like clean it first with All Purpose Cleaner + then I use the Detailer line leather cleaner/conditioner. You could also use the Gold Class leather cleaner. I also use a hair dryer to heat up the leather so the pores are open. Once it's really clean it's just a matter of maintaining it.

Comment

Originally posted by subdriver96 View Post
      Hi:

Just bought a Jetta TDI wagon (Black, what I've been searching for!!) and was wondering how to best care for/protect the interior - "leatherette." Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
      Isn't leatherette another term for vinyl? If so, treat like vinyl. Find out for sure before buying anything or using anything you already have.

Might want to join a Jetta forum and check with their forum gurus as to exactly what VW's version of letherette is.

Just to note, you can use our leather dressings on both leather and vinyl as well as Quik Interior Detailer. So to start with since QID is a light cleaner that also makes the surface look good while adding a little protection you could pick up a bottle of this and wipe everything down until you find out exactly what VW's version of leatherette actually is.

Quik Detailer Interior

Quik Interior Detailer Wipes

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If VW's version of Leatherette is suede then get a lint brush.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

If you find out it's vinyl then here are two options, Natural Shine can be found in it's current packaging at most auto parts store, Supreme Shine is not out yet (that I know of).

Natural Shine Protectant - New Look!
          • Deeper Color with Rich, Natural Shine
          • UV blockers protect vinyl, rubber & plastic
          • Non-Greasy formula!

Maintain that “like new” look on dashboards, trim, tires and more. Natural Shine’s complex formula includes mild cleaning agents that help remove daily dirt and grime and restore the original, natural finish. Includes UV blockers to help reduce the effects caused by the sun.

Natural Shine Protectant
          G4116 450ml Spray
          MSRP: $5.99

Supreme Shine Protectant
          • Deeper Color with Rich, Hi-Shine
          • UV blockers protect vinyl, rubber & plastic
          • Non-Greasy formula!

This potent protectant quickly transforms the appearance of dashboards, trim, door panels, plastic bumpers and tires. Color becomes deeper and richer and the shine is greatly increased. No more dull finish. No more greasy finish. Powerful UV blockers also help to defend against sun damage that can cause fading, cracking and discoloration.

Supreme Shine Protectant
          G4016 450ml Spray
          MSRP: $5.99

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

VW's leatherette is a synthetic material, also known as V-Tex. I couldn't find much information about it either, other than it's referred to as "faux leather."
            Laney
            '02 BMW K1200RS - 2 Wheels
            '08 VW New Beetle Convertible - 4 Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Laney View Post
              VW's leatherette is a synthetic material, also known as V-Tex. I couldn't find much information about it either, other than it's referred to as "faux leather."
              Maybe someone can find some exact information from one of the VW forums and post it back here for everyone's future reference.

Also, someone can find out what VW recommends for this type of material that will be a good indicator of what it's similar too. For example if they recommend Armor-All for vinyl then we know it's a vinyl type product.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Maybe someone can find some exact information from one of the VW forums and post it back here for everyone's future reference.
                The best forum I've come across is newbeetle.org. Their search engine doesn't recognize seem to recognize V-tex. I found it in forum posts using Yahoo, but the forum search says there are no matches - so it's hard to find out what owners over there use.

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                Also, someone can find out what VW recommends for this type of material that will be a good indicator of what it's similar too. For example if they recommend Armor-All for vinyl then we know it's a vinyl type product.

My '08 Beetle owner's manual doesn't cover cleaning V-Tex interiors, only leather and cloth. From what I was told, the change to V-Tex interiors happened mid-year to cut costs. They stopped offering leather or cloth on the Beetles, and only manufactured them with V-Tex seats.
                Laney
                '02 BMW K1200RS - 2 Wheels
                '08 VW New Beetle Convertible - 4 Wheels

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');