• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80 series on wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 series on wood

I was wondering if anybody used 80 series products on wood. I was thinking about making a small kit for my niece's Guitar.
    I know that products 2, 9, and 7 are usually the ticket when it comes to wood. But, seeing that I have 82, 80, and 81 hand Glaze and was wondering if they would do just as well.

Re: 80 series on wood

Technically you subject would have been 80 Series on paint as guitars are painted with either lacquer or modern clear coat finishes.

You can use the 80's series on any automotive paints, just follow Meguiar's philosophy,

"Use the least aggressive product to get the job done"

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: 80 series on wood

Long before I joined this forum I used Meguiar's prods in creative and unusual ways.

One of those ways was to enhance the gloss and protection of my airgun collection. This is not really a recommended use of Megs prods, but it works great on any lacquer finish, which is 'clear' paint.

This is the end result of wet sanding, #84 and cleaner wax. (poorly lit 1MP cellphone shot).

Photobucket

The finish on a guitar is much finer than what I had to deal with, so I would not use anything more aggressive than #80 on a guitar. Best to start even less aggressive than that, with #81 or #82.

I've also used it on lacquer finished; speakers, tables, chairs (not the seats ) and cabinets. Just about anything I want to shine and repel dust, dirt and moisture. It works great.

Brock

Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');