• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about FLEX XC 3401 VRG PolishervVS. G110 or G110 MG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about FLEX XC 3401 VRG PolishervVS. G110 or G110 MG

Hello everyone, its the first time i put something to ask in the forum so i will be glad to received knowledge from us. I will start to work some clients card, but i really want to know if its really a big difference between the Flex XC 3401 vs. the MG G110 and G100. I know the Flex its more powerful than meguiars one, but it make the difference really, i mean, the machine its much more powerful. I have a frind that knows a lot of the subject and he tell me that really its a lovely machine, and i suppossed it its, because this man knows a lot off that.

I will be glad to ear your comments and if you used a Flex, what is your impresion about that.
    Jose Holguin

Re: Question about FLEX XC 3401 VRG PolishervVS. G110 or G110 MG

Besides comments from others, try doing a search on this forum to see what comment have already been posted as your topic has come up in the past. Use the Advanced Search option and type in the words,

Flex XC3401

Flex XC3401 VRG Dual Action Polisher

Here's one,

Had the opportunity to try a few machines

Here's one with your exact questions,

FLEX XC 3401 VRG Polisher

Here's more using just the word Flex to search with,

Here's one that was for sale...

Hope this helps...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

The ability of the Flex to cut/polish is between the DA (G110/G100) and the rotary buffer. I must say that the G110 has more power compared to the PC and the G100 but it's less than the Flex.

It weights more than the G110/G100 and the ergonomics of it is very similar to a rotary. The way the machine is put, the dimensions it's like a baby rotary. It also has a trigger mechanism, that like a rotary you can lock. Like the G110 and G100 it's a variable speed machine as well.

The pad it's a 5.5'' and you can't really change it. I mean that you can't change the pad for a different type but if something happens to the pad you can change it with a replacement.

Compared to the G110/G100 since the Flex has more power than you can figure out by yourself that the cutting ability is greater. It's nice since the machine can maybe do a faster job and under pressure it won't slow down as the G110 / G100. It's force rotation will cause the machine to grab, skip and even start fighting you, very very similar to the rotary, but not on the same power scale, so this machine require more control compared to the G110/G100.

Because it can behave in this way it's not as easy to use as the G110/G100 for a novice user. The G110/G100 can practically do the job by itself, the Flex requires more concentration but eventually if you're into detailing you'll get the hang of it.

The cost of the machine is much greater than the new G110. Hey with the price of the Flex you can get two G110

Also, even though it has more power it doesn't mean it's a rotary nor it will do the job of a rotary. Yes you can tackle some jobs with it, the same goes for the G110/G100 but sometimes because these machines has it's limit due to the safety factor then a rotary is necessary.

I guess getting one it's a matter of a personal choice, what can't be handled with a Rotary and a G110/G100 in your arsenal? Nothing I guess. So having this machine is a personal thing, maybe you have the money, maybe you just want to have another machine, maybe you want to handle more defect removal but don't want to handle the job with a rotary. One thing for sure that maybe you can consider is that with this machine some jobs can me more rentable, you can maybe remove more defects but the price arrange between the car owner and you it not the appropriate to use the rotary and a multi-step procedure.

Also Mike posted great links, read them. Good stuff

Comment

I've never touched my PC for anything but applying my LSP since acquiring one, but I also still use my rotary for heavy to medium correction work, then followed up with the Flex.
        Last edited by Tom Weed; Dec 26, 2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          Besides comments from others, try doing a search on this forum to see what comment have already been posted as your topic has come up in the past. Use the Advanced Search option and type in the words,

Sorry for my mistakes Mike. I will search better next time
          Jose Holguin

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
            The ability of the Flex to cut/polish is between the DA (G110/G100) and the rotary buffer. I must say that the G110 has more power compared to the PC and the G100 but it's less than the Flex.

It weights more than the G110/G100 and the ergonomics of it is very similar to a rotary. The way the machine is put, the dimensions it's like a baby rotary. It also has a trigger mechanism, that like a rotary you can lock. Like the G110 and G100 it's a variable speed machine as well.

The pad it's a 5.5'' and you can't really change it. I mean that you can't change the pad for a different type but if something happens to the pad you can change it with a replacement.

Compared to the G110/G100 since the Flex has more power than you can figure out by yourself that the cutting ability is greater. It's nice since the machine can maybe do a faster job and under pressure it won't slow down as the G110 / G100. It's force rotation will cause the machine to grab, skip and even start fighting you, very very similar to the rotary, but not on the same power scale, so this machine require more control compared to the G110/G100.

Because it can behave in this way it's not as easy to use as the G110/G100 for a novice user. The G110/G100 can practically do the job by itself, the Flex requires more concentration but eventually if you're into detailing you'll get the hang of it.

The cost of the machine is much greater than the new G110. Hey with the price of the Flex you can get two G110

Also, even though it has more power it doesn't mean it's a rotary nor it will do the job of a rotary. Yes you can tackle some jobs with it, the same goes for the G110/G100 but sometimes because these machines has it's limit due to the safety factor then a rotary is necessary.

I guess getting one it's a matter of a personal choice, what can't be handled with a Rotary and a G110/G100 in your arsenal? Nothing I guess. So having this machine is a personal thing, maybe you have the money, maybe you just want to have another machine, maybe you want to handle more defect removal but don't want to handle the job with a rotary. One thing for sure that maybe you can consider is that with this machine some jobs can me more rentable, you can maybe remove more defects but the price arrange between the car owner and you it not the appropriate to use the rotary and a multi-step procedure.

Also Mike posted great links, read them. Good stuff
            Thanks Man!! excellent explication.

Very appreciated your answer Francis.
            Jose Holguin

Comment

where's ZoranC?

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');