• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Cars

Hi, I posted before about my neon.. I was going to post pictures.. but camera got dropped into a bucket of water.. so everything got screwed..

I'm going to be working on a White 2005 BMW M3. I was thinking of this process.

1.)Wash
    2.)Clay
    3.)Deep Cleaner
    4.)#7
    5.)#20 or #21, depending on what I can get my hands on.
    6.)2 coats of NXT 2.0 Paste
    7.)UQD for inbetween washes.

What's a good way to do the 2 coats of NXT?
    1.) 1 coat, wait 15 minutes, then wipe off, and add 2nd, 15 minutes then wipe?
    2.)Same as #1 but after I wipe off 1st coat, let it sit overnight in garage then do 2nd coat?

BTW: Everything is being done by hand... =/

Re: White Cars

Let sit overnight is the best thing. But the reason why you let it sit is for the hydrophobic polymers to fully bond to the paint, which are also in the UQD.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Ok but is the process good?

Comment

I'm far from a pro but I don't see what the point is of putting 20 or 21 and then 2 coats of NXT after that. Won't hurt anything but that sure is a lot of sealant (NXT is also a sealant).
        -HealthyCivic
        Check out the glossary

Comment

Looks good to me, but...

You really don't need three coats of wax... just do any combo of the waxes you listed and only apply 2 coats. #20 then NXT -or- NXT then #21 -or- 2 coats of NXT, what ever floats your boat.... Now if it was me I might think #21 or NXT 2 coats would be just fine, both are similar products and IMO will give you very similar results so either/or. I do know #20 has some cleaning ability that you really don't need since you have already done that in prior steps.

I think you are but.... stick with the in between washes for the UQD not right after the detail... let your coats of wax cure for at least 24 hours before getting the paint wet and/or applying any detailer.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

One question is that does #21 have the Hydrophobic properties as NXT?

Comment

Originally posted by azn1art View Post
              One question is that does #21 have the Hydrophobic properties as NXT?
              #21 2.0 does.
              Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Except for the 3 coats of wax. Your process is good. I really like the 2.0 version of #21.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

I would skip step 5 (20 and 21). NXT and 21 are very similar products. You would have a "pure polish" (aka glaze), a synthetic (21) or synthetic/nuba (20), then possibly repeating the same synthetic (same as 21) in paste form.
                  Al
                  ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Just to chime in, Meguiar's doesn't recommend letting a coating of wax sit on the overnight or for extended periods of time. We recommend apply the wax or paint sealant, all it to dry until it swipes clear and the wipe off the dried residue.

From our How To Articles forum,

The Swipe Test

I know a guy that left coat of wax on his black car overnight, a wind storm blew in to town and blue into his garage and blew dust and dirt all over the wax sitting on the car.

Then from our Hot Topics forum, here are some related thread,

How much time to wait before applying a second coat of wax?
                    Difference between NXT 2.0 vs M21
                    Which products need to dry before removing?
                    NXT Cure Time?

That should cover just about any question on applying and removing a wax or paint sealant, if not we can find some more!

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I think that you should be just fine using #7 and then the NXT paste. Otherwise using #20 or #21 then NXT will be redundant and not necessary. Two coats of wax will be sufficient to ensure an even coat, after that it has diminishing returns on your hard work.

Comment

So this is the revised process. This is good right? I'm trying to make the M3 "pop"

1.)Wash
                        2.)Clay
                        3.)Deep Cleaner
                        4.)#7
                        5.)1 coat of #20 or #21.
                        6.)1 coat of NXT 2.0 Paste

Comment

Looks good revised - #20 has some cleaning ability to you may just stick with #21 and NXT. IMO no need for another 'cleaner' when the earlier steps have take care of that. Just my .02
                          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');