• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racer's Edge Aviation Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racer's Edge Aviation Wax

Has anybody ever heard of Racer's Edge Aviation Wax. They make products for Airplanes and Private Jets, but I heard its the best at making a car shine. I'm sceptical of this, but a Mobile Detail Co. in Seattle uses it and charges an extra $199 to apply it. I own my own mobile detailing co. and all I use is Meguiar's and 3m. Is this wax worth taking a look at and ordering.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by Andy M.; Dec 19, 2008, 07:10 PM. Reason: commercial link removed. you must have 30 relevant posts to post commercial links.-Andy M.

Re: Racer's Edge Aviation Wax

My 2 cents but LSP plays such a small part in the over all. Polishing to perfection is much more of a factor. Just think how many gallons of #26 you could get for that.
    Scott

Comment

Don't mean to take this thread off topic, but is there any concrete evidence which suggests that an "Aviation Wax" protects, or lasts longer than automotive wax?
      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
        Don't mean to take this thread off topic, but is there any concrete evidence which suggests that an "Aviation Wax" protects, or lasts longer than automotive wax?
        I believe Collinite (845 - Insulator Wax) is also marketed for being an aviation and boat wax. It does last a long time, but you can get a bottle for $10. Take that for what its worth.
        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by mwaddell21 View Post
          [I]Is this wax worth taking a look at and ordering.
          Are you referring to looks or durability?
          Paul Marmarinos
          Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
          "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
            I believe Collinite (845 - Insulator Wax) is also marketed for being an aviation and boat wax. It does last a long time, but you can get a bottle for $10. Take that for what its worth.
            That stuff is pretty good for durability. The paste version(476) lasts a little longer according to collinite.

Collinite may last longer but it doesnt look or feel near as good as NXTv2. Just used 845 today actually and wasnt impressed with the look. Been doing some tests on beading and durability though.
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
              That stuff is pretty good for durability. The paste version(476) lasts a little longer according to collinite.

Collinite may last longer but it doesnt look or feel near as good as NXTv2. Just used 845 today actually and wasnt impressed with the look. Been doing some tests on beading and durability though.
              I agree, Collinite doesn't give the same look on most cars as NXT, but the durability is fantastic. I have both the 845 (insulator wax / liquid) and 476s (paste wax).

If you have a Harbor Freight in your area, they have Collinite really cheap. I got 845 for $9 and 476s for $7.

Comment

Yup, thats where I bought my 476! It was on sale for $10 so I picked up two cans. The 845 was still ~$17 so I didnt get any of it. My dad found some 845 on sale at advance auto, I almost crapped my pants! He had no idea how good of a wax it was.

Needless to say I took it.
                Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepster04 View Post
                  Yup, thats where I bought my 476! It was on sale for $10 so I picked up two cans. The 845 was still ~$17 so I didnt get any of it. My dad found some 845 on sale at advance auto, I almost crapped my pants! He had no idea how good of a wax it was.

Needless to say I took it.
                  Nice snag! I went to 2 different Harbor Freight stores and found 476s for $13 at one store, $7 at the other store. Needless to say, I jumped on the $7. Insulator Wax (845) was $9 in both stores. Maybe we should post this as a seperate post in the forums...rather than steal this thread. Sorry!

Comment

Don't forget this is a Meguiars forum.
                    Paul Marmarinos
                    Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
                    "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');