• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner #40 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner #40 Question

I've got a 84 Caprice that I just recently purchased Meguiars worked great on the Paint made everything look great as it always does but I'm having a Problem with the Vinyl Top it has been neglected and is very Dry but has no Rips or Tears so I applied a few coats over a few days of some Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner #40 and it looked very nice and almost new but here is the Problem as soon as it Rained it all Washed off and the Top dried back out so I went ahead and reapplied some more but once again as soon as it got Wet all of it washed off. Any Clue or Tips on what I can do to stop this from happening

Thanks Everyone

Re: Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner #40 Question

Originally posted by Looney View Post
    I've got a 84 Caprice

the Vinyl Top it has been neglected
    You've done everything you can do and that's apply and work in a quality cleaner, conditioner and protectant.

M40 is water soluble but it's ability to clean and revitalize old vinyl is top notch. If there was a way to keep the rain off the top that would be optimum, if not then it could be past the point of no return if expected to hold up to inclement weather.

NXT Tech Protect is water insoluble so maybe pick up a bottle of this and after treating the vinyl top with the M40 work in a coating of the NXT Tech Protect?

24 years, going on 25 years is a long time for a vinyl top to last let along last when neglected over time.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Mirror Glaze Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner #40 Question

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      You've done everything you can do and that's apply and work in a quality cleaner, conditioner and protectant.

M40 is water soluble but it's ability to clean and revitalize old vinyl is top notch. If there was a way to keep the rain off the top that would be optimum, if not then it could be past the point of no return if expected to hold up to inclement weather.

NXT Tech Protect is water insoluble so maybe pick up a bottle of this and after treating the vinyl top with the M40 work in a coating of the NXT Tech Protect?

Mike Thank You for your response I will give that a try and see how it goes just to Bad that its Freezing and Snowing outside right now and I gotta wait to go Play

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');