• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to remove yellowish from white paint with G110?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to remove yellowish from white paint with G110?

After reading many threads, I come up with few ideas
    & I will be doing all the cleaning/polishing/waxing by a polisher..

wash
    clay
    DC1
    ColorX
    wax

wash
    clay
    M80
    Wax

wash
    clay
    DC1
    M80
    WAX

wash
    clay
    M80
    COlorX
    WAX

Your idea..

I am planning to do it before christmas..
    Thanks
    Last edited by skylinelks; Dec 10, 2008, 05:12 PM.

Re: Best way to remove yellowish from white paint with G110?

The simplest approach is option #1 because you can find all these products at most local auto parts stores.

Most important though after washing and claying is to do a test spot and make sure now matter which products you choose to use that you're getting good results in one small area.

If you can't make one small area look good with your choice of pads, products and process you won't be able to make the entire car look good and you'll be glad you tested to a small area first.

Also remember, if you're going to use a cleaner/wax like ColorX you can usually skip using a dedicated paint cleaner or cleaner/polish as the cleaners in the cleaner/wax will do the cleaning step for you. Kind of depends upon how you want to approach it.

For example instead of this,

wash
    clay
    DC1
    ColorX
    wax

Do this,

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. ColorX

or this,

1. Wash
    2. Clay
    3. Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
    4. NXT Tech Wax

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

If you have M80 then there is no need to use DC1, and also if you are using M80 then you can skip the AIO product like ColorX.

So using M80 your process would look like this
      Wash
      Clay
      M80
      Wax

This process is if you have the time for a full detail, if you don't have the time then I would suggest using the AIO product instead of M80 combined with the wax, so something like this could work

Wash
      Clay
      ColoX
      Wax (optional)

Comment

So....I do not need to use that many products?
        Because I am not sure which product works the best for my car..
        That's why I want DC1 then colorx
        Both DC1& Colorx can remove oxidation ..and colorx can "restore deep color"

What if I go for the profession line..
        which products should I order?
        M09,M80 the new M205?and M105 then M09/M80for some deep scratches?( I can feel it with my nails)
        I know many people just use m80 and then wax
        But I have also heard some of them use M09 after M80..

I know that I am not gonna know until I try...
        But I do not want to order one product and try it and order another product..
        (try to avoid shipping fee)

ps: my car is a 2005 corolla..so... the paint will not be too soft?
        Last edited by skylinelks; Dec 15, 2008, 01:45 AM.

Comment

If you have deep scratches you might not be able to remove them, you sure can make them less noticeable.

Depending on how bad is the paint is but if you think the paint is neglected I would go with the Professional Line for now.

The process it really depends on the paint that you are working, some people can use M80 and go right ahead to the wax, on some paints M80 won't leave a nice clear finish and they have to use M09 to get the results they are looking forward to.

I've worked on a 06 Toyota Corolla, and I if I remember correctly I used this process, it may help out decide pick the products

M83
          M80
          M07
          Wax

Comment

Keep it simple...

First, see what's going on with the paint? Go to any auto parts store and buy either Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or ScratchX and a couple of clean foam or microfiber applicator pads. We're talking spending less than $10.00 to enable you to go out into the garage and find out what's going on with your car's paint.

Wash and dry the car so you're working on clean paint.

Take whichever paint cleaner you bought, pour about a tablespoon of product onto your applicator pad and then work it against the paint for a about a 8" square section. work the section for about a minute with firm pressure but no so hard you put scratches into the paint.

After working the product, wipe the residue off and inspect the paint as compared to the paint surrounding it.

Is the yellow color you're referencing in the subject of this thread gone?

Do this simple test spot FIRST to see what's going on with the the paint, that is to see what's going on with the perceived problem you're posting about.

Once you figure out the yellow/white issue then lets take a look at the other defects you want to remove.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');