• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SwirlX/NXT2.0 or ColorX/NXT2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwirlX/NXT2.0 or ColorX/NXT2.0

which combo do you all prefer to use?
    I don't wash my car by hand, I always use the automated CarWashes b/c I don't have a house and I do not own a garden hose.

Since every guru here will admit that I will get Swirls/Holograms', what should routine should I use daily?

1. SwirlX topped with NXT 2.0

or

2. ColorX topped with NXT 2.0

.....is using SwirlX everytime too aggressive?

I know many here use ColorX almost everytime before topping it with
    NXT 2.0.

thank you.
    Last edited by Nuclear; Nov 23, 2008, 03:06 PM.

Re: SwirlX/NXT2.0 or ColorX/NXT2.0

Well, to cover the recomended steps, including the prefered 2 coats of wax, you'd be looking at:

1. Wash as best you can
    2. Clay when needed
    3. ColorX
    4. Nxt 2.0

Or:

1. Wash as best you can
    2. Clay when needed
    3. SwirlX
    4. (Optional) DC Polish
    5. Nxt 2.0
    6. Nxt 2.0

So really it is a matter of the ColorX being a cleaner/wax and saving you time by taking care of the first waxing step. Not having gotten my hands on any SwirlX yet, I cant say how easily it removes swirls. It certainly is never easy to remove swirls by hand, but the new products claim to make it better. Perhaps you would be best doing a bit of both as time allows.

Also, perhaps you could consider buying some QD in bulk and doing daily wipedowns, at least during the summer, to save car wash trips.
    Last edited by Murr1525; Nov 23, 2008, 03:12 PM.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear View Post
      which combo do you all prefer to use?
      I don't wash my car by hand, I always use the automated CarWashes b/c I don't have a house and I do not own a garden hose.

Since every guru here will admit that I will get Swirls/Holograms', what should routine should I use daily?
      I trust that by "daily" you mean regularly. I don't imagine that you intend to wash and wax your car every day.

Given the absence of garage and hose, you need to stop worrying about swirls. They are unavoidable and inevitable. I suggest you adopt the five foot rule: do what you can to keep the car shiny and looking good from five feet away. Mat's formula for daily drivers (ColorX + NXT) is a realistic and practical program for you.

Cheers,
      Al
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
        I suggest you adopt the five foot rule: do what you can to keep the car shiny and looking good from five feet away. Mat's formula for daily drivers (ColorX + NXT) is a realistic and practical program for you.

Cheers,
        Al
        I would agree. Add in the fact that you don't have a garage and are constantly exposing the finish to "the elements". Look to achieve good shine.
        If there are some obvious scratches I would spend my time on correcting those. Anything more is an exercise in futility. I've been down that road.

Keep is washed, clayed and ColorX.

Either that or, get a car cover.
        Rob A.
        '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
        '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');