• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Polish or Wax for White Cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Polish or Wax for White Cars?

I have a Alpine White BMW, what should I apply for the best wet shine? I have Deep Crystal Polish, but it pretty much says "High-Gloss Shine on Dark Color Cars". Is this possible for White cars? I have seen some White cars sparkling. Should I skip the polish all together and skip to NXT 2.0 wax? I use NXT 2.0, it produces a nice shine, but maybe im applying it too thick.

Someone told me Pinnacle Sovern(sp?) and Mirror Glaze 16 are the only products that produce a wet shine on white cars. Can someone recommend me some.

Re: Best Polish or Wax for White Cars?

It has more to do with prep work than the wax if you ask me. Have you attempted to remove the light swirls and hazing before waxing? They reduce gloss.

Comment

Yeah maybe thats it. Everyone tells me how nice my car looks, Maybe I'm too pressed over discovering the ultimate shine. Here is a picture of it:

I have yet to use a cleaner wax or Scratch X on the entire car.

Tomorrow I'm going to follow this prep

Wash
      Clay
      2 coats of Scratch-X
      1 coat Cleaner Wax
      1 coat of Mirror Glaze #7
      1 or 2 coats of NXT 2.0 Wax

Comment

To me the prep work determines in a large measure the end result. if you follow the Meguiars 5 step system. I believe whatever Meguiars wax you choose for your last step will give you the best protection and shine possible.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

If you have never done polishing on the car before you definitely are leaving some shine on the table.

That's a lot of paint to work by hand, so you may want to consider a Meguiar's G110 DA polisher and some of the new products coming out early 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by rbjones6 View Post

Wash
            Clay
            2 coats of Scratch-X
            1 coat Cleaner Wax
            RB, as Mark has observed, you may be trying to do too much by hand. Consider restricting yourself to one application of ScratchX, rather than attempting to polish the entire car twice.

After the Scratch-X, there is no need to apply Cleaner Wax. You will have already cleaned the paint. Move straight to #7 and two coats of NXT.

Reserve the entire day for the process you have outlined above.

Good luck!

Al
            Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
            --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by rbjones6 View Post
              I have yet to use a cleaner wax or Scratch X on the entire car.

Wash
              Clay
              2 coats of Scratch-X
              1 coat Cleaner Wax
              Skip the cleaner/wax. When you are using all seperate cleaning, polishing, and waxing products, you dont need to include an all-in-one type product.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Cool thanks everyone

Comment

hey rbjones6,

check out my latest thread "2004 Acura TSX." I recommend Meguiars ColorX if you haven't tried it yet. Good product for sure.

Comment

I would say that right now NXT 2.0 would be the product of choice.

Andy
                    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

IME I never found a wax that worked well with white. Anything that increases gloss works great. Collinite 845 and Prima Banana Gloss worked very well for me
                      Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Originally posted by eyezack87 View Post
                        IME I never found a wax that worked well with white. Anything that increases gloss works great. Collinite 845 and Prima Banana Gloss worked very well for me
                        I was always happy with NXT or NXT 2.0 on my white F150. I only ever did paint protection one time on my truck in 2 years, and simply used NXT on a regular basis. It did a fantastic job at hiding minor wash-induced haze or scratches and added significant gloss.

Judge for yourself. Two coats of NXT 2.0 in these pictures:

Comment

i doubt anyone can tell a diference between waxes alone, and its has been proved by a large numbers of tests.

one sugestion: if you have a professional detailer on your city, maybe its best for you to ask him to do the paint correction first. then, all you have to do is maintain the shine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                            I was always happy with NXT or NXT 2.0 on my white F150. I only ever did paint protection one time on my truck in 2 years, and simply used NXT on a regular basis. It did a fantastic job at hiding minor wash-induced haze or scratches and added significant gloss.

Judge for yourself. Two coats of NXT 2.0 in these pictures:
                            Haha, don't worry, I have had experience with NXT 1.0 and 2.0 on a Dodge Caravan. I like it and it does add some gloss and what not but its still very tricky to see it unless you are in the right environment. That being said, those were show car conditions and pretty much anything looks good under that lighting lol. I do see what you are trying to say though

Another case of lighting helping out white in pictures. This is the van I was referring to:

I only listed the above combos in an earlier post for 2 reasons anyway since I couldn't really discern any added gloss with other waxes/sealants in my arsenal. Prima Banana Gloss is a super fast way to wax the car with a minimum of one month of protection (takes <5 min for a while car-apply, instant haze, remove). As for Collinite 845, I'm sure that you've heard of its reputation . Given my needs for a fast or long lasting wax/sealant, those are my go to since they are relatively cheap and I don't have to use my higher end waxes on something I can barely notice.
                            Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

I just did a half and half today on my hood after looking at this thread last night. I'll have pictures up later. Half was done with Gold Class and the other with NXT 2.0

I could not tell a difference in the garage or in the sun.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');