• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Headlight Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Restoration

Hey guys, I am working on a 2001 Honda Civic. I have tried using PlastX by had. Just apply with a microfiber applicator. I have improved them but there is still some oxidation/scratches. Is there any other method to do. I am confused on how using sand paper can improve your headlights. Is the Power Drill Attachment with the entire Meguiar's Kit worth getting. I will post a picture soon.
    Matt

Re: Headlight Restoration

This was done with the Headlight Restoration Kit....http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...8+honda+accord

Comment

If the oxidation/scratches was not in the inner side of the headlight, then you need cotton towel for application and do small section at a time then redo with gentle applicator like (microfiber).

hope this helps

Comment

Here's what I did...

Done by hand. Sandpaper will remove the plastic down to the lowest portion of the scratch. Same principle as with paint.

The headlights in my pictures had basically been sand blasted from desert state driving, and had a few deep scratches from misc stuff from the road hitting them, so wet sanding was a must.

Good luck!
        The only reason some people get lost in thought... is because it is unfamiliar territory for them.
        --VoicesInMyHead--
        0101011101100101001000000100000101110010011001010010000001000111011001010110010101101011

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
          Is the Power Drill Attachment with the entire Meguiar's Kit worth getting. I will post a picture soon.
          The machine always outperforms the human hand and it never gets tired.

You can also use a rotary buffer for restoring clarity and shine to plastic but because it's a very powerful tool you have to be careful not to burn the plastic by keeping the buffing pad in one place too long.

Of course, sometimes a plastic lens can become to far gone to ever restore to like new condition and you have to accept whatever you can get for results or replace it.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');