• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner

Never again will I even consider Armor All. I used to use a multipurose cleaner first, then top with Armor All or Son of a Gun protectant. #40 summed up better results in 1 easy application. I applied with the yellow foam meguiars applicators......and completely love the results.
    Plus the shine isn't as intense as a typical Armor All type protectant, which I've had practically blind me during rush hour traffic

I love #40 and there's no way I'm turning back!
    Last edited by zzzzzeke; Sep 21, 2004, 04:58 PM.

I have heard that same comment from so many people, glad you finally got a chance to try it!

What are you using it on?

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews

Comment

dash and door panels so far....not sure if i dare substitute my endurance tire gel for this stuff....but it could be worth a shot!

Comment

I like both the Endurance and #40 for the tires so next time you dress the tires you might want to give it a try...

Lynn
        Lynn Matthews

Comment

Endurance is some great stuff! It last so much longer than anything I have ever tried for the tires. I like that it is a gel instead of a spray so it doesn't get all over the rims and ground.

Comment

yes...for sure....don't make me go start another product rave on gold class endurance tire gel!

Comment

Go ahead and rave...I do to everyone I know!

Comment

How does #40 work on black plastic trim? Currently I use NXT Tech Protectant on all plastic and vinyl. For tires I use Hot Shine, but I may try the #40.

Comment

#40 Rocks. I used it today for the first time, a quick spray on the dashboard of my brothers work truck that hasn't been cleaned in 4 years went from rancid dirt caked gray to a new blue vinyl color. Amazing. Worth every penny I paid for it.

Comment

Oh, it works wonders on black plastic trim and vinyl, 2 or 3 applications almost has put the whitened vinyl trim on my 91 Accorrd back to color.

Comment

Worked great on my convertible top

I just used #40 to clean the top on Wifey's '97 Mustang Convertible.

This car lives outside so the top was already grayed out and dirty, plus it was splattered with polishing compound from an earlier attempt by me with the rotary polisher.

I have never been able to get that top really clean. I've always been wary of Armor-All type products because I don't like the shiney look and I was afraid that the vinyl would dry out and crack.

So, I used #40 sprayed directly into a foam applicator to avoid mist or overspray onto the freshly waxed paint.

I then firmly rubbed the #40 into top in small sections and used a new terry shop towel to scrub it back off.

The top came out beautiful and it wasn't that hard to clean. Basically just wipe on firmly and towel off. (Had to throw the towel away it was so dirty)

It looks like new now. I sure hope it holds up to the weather.

Comment

#40 on exterior trim.

So #40 can be used on exterior black plastic trim and rubber(weatherstripping)? If so, how well does it hold up?
                        Thanks!

Comment

M40 works extremely well for me and I use it on all of the vinyl and rubber, both inside and out of the car.

Comment

What about #38, How do they differ?

Comment

I assume you mean #39 not #38 which is the Heavy Duty Cleaner there is no protective or enhancement properties in #39 it is just a cleaner.

I think the #40 is awesome and it helps me win alot of jobs over the store that smears the car with Amorall or something equally greasy, I have noticed too the new materials on some dash's make this stuff dry as if the dash was new!! I did a Dodge Ram and it gave the dash a uniform apperance but not extra sheen at all. The original finish remained the only time I see it give a bit of shine is on older dash's with the harder plastic even then it is not extreme.
                              Last edited by matt; Mar 18, 2005, 09:33 AM.
                              Sometimes the facts are just other peoples opinions....! ha!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');