• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations

I have several questions. I am about to detail several cars. Each in different conditions and brands. It is the first time I have really detailed other cars besides my own.

First, what process do you recommend to use Mike with the G110.
    -M83,M80,NXT2.0?
    -M105, M205,NXT2.0?

For severe/moderate swirls^

Cars to detail:

2 Lexus RX350's.
    -Never been waxed/detailed

1994 Ford Crown Victoria:
    This car has a brand new Paint job!

What do you guys recommend I do with a brand new paint job? Is there a cure time?

The other cars, along with the lexus' I just need to know what process to use? (Including the future products releasing next year)

Thanks.
    Matt

Re: Recommendations

Couple thoughts, as always you want to try a test spot before attempting the entire vehicle. Going in with a starting game plan is nice, but don't think you have to stick to it.

Two, M205 is not available yet...nor is the officially recommended M105, but if the damage is truly severe you can try the current M105 on the DA (Play at your own risk!).

As for the Crown Vic, typically you want to wait 30 days before sealing a paint job with a wax or sealant.

Comment

Ok thanks. So as of now, use the M83/M80 Combo on the Lexus' I will wait 30 days to do anything on the Crown Victoria. Question: The Crown Victoria's engine is really dirty. I have heard that Super Degreaser or something is very good on things like this. Can you guys tell me what to use that I could use on other cars in the future and on the wheel wells or tires? Also How do you guys wash the engines? Bucket of the SD + Water and a brush or something else. Thanks.
      Matt

Comment

Just a friendly tip from the homepage...

How to write a great subject for your message!

(The tips in the link above will actually help you on ANY forum )

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
          Ok thanks. So as of now, use the M83/M80 Combo on the Lexus' I will wait 30 days to do anything on the Crown Victoria. Question: The Crown Victoria's engine is really dirty. I have heard that Super Degreaser or something is very good on things like this. Can you guys tell me what to use that I could use on other cars in the future and on the wheel wells or tires? Also How do you guys wash the engines? Bucket of the SD + Water and a brush or something else. Thanks.
          There's a bunch of threads on engine detailing in the below forum that should give you enough direction to either do engine detailing or avoid it...

Mark was right on his recommendations, take a variety of paint cleaning products and do some test spots and remember to use the least aggressive product to get the job done...

If you're not getting big dollars for these cars then don't promise show car results, just wash, clay and use a one step like M66 or D151 or even ColorX which you can buy just about anywhere.

If they're daily drivers and in bad shape then remember how they got that way... likely the owners don't take care of them anyways so keep your focus no not over-promising for too little money.

What are you charging?

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I am only 16 years old here in ohio, detailing my family's cars and close neighbors/relatives, in addition to my own car. As of now it is really what they are offering. I just enjoy detailing cars, I haven't organized my actual rates/packages, etc if you will.

I was my neighbor Lexus' every week it seems like:
            -Wash
            - UQD
            - Interior
            - Wheel/Tire

With the cars listed earlier, I will probably go all out on what I will do. Those people are paying me 100 dollars.

I am obviously not a professional like the majority of people on the boards, I don't run a business or do it for a living.

I don't promise show car results, but I make their cars a lot better than what they were and that is what they consider show car.

I use my Lexus as a model of what I can do. It always looks perfect, and I get comments on the paint daily.

Thanks, Mike.
            Last edited by Megafast13; Nov 14, 2008, 08:05 PM.
            Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
              I am only 16 years old here in ohio, detailing my family's cars and close neighbors/relatives, in addition to my own car. As of now it is really what they are offering.
              Perfectly acceptable to go all out for whatever they're paying, I did this too when I was younger.

Good luck and have fun too...

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Yeah thanks...

When people hear about me detailing cars. They just picture a kid doing a quick wash with dish soap, beach towels, etc. And then they see the mass amounts of Meguiar's Products I have and the job I do, they are surprised.
                Matt

Comment

I've had the best experience with Meguiar's products. I grew up working after school as a detailer for car dealerships and then on my own for extra money during college. When I was detailing professionally, back in the mid-1970s, I never had the opportunity to use any of Meguiar's products. Today's products make detailing my cars an enjoyable hobby.

Here's a picture of my Meguiar's survival kit in the back of my truck.

Last edited by OwnerCS; Nov 30, 2008, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');