• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimum No Rinse Wash - Thoughts & Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimum No Rinse Wash - Thoughts & Opinions?

Hey everyone, I just stumbled across the Optimum No Rinse Car Wash product and wanted to get some opinions on the Megs forum before I make my next order.
    Questions:

1. Anyone here tried this?
    2. If so, how easy / hard is the product to use?
    3. Does the wash leave the car as clean as your normal outdoor washing?
    4. Does the ONR leave any film on the car that would become a problem when polishing after the wash?
    5. How much ONR do you need to add per wash? Would 32oz bottle get me through the winter with 2 cars?

Feel free to add links, but when I search for 'No Rinse' on the forum I get 25+ pages of threads back.

Thanks guys and gals.
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Re: Optimum No Rinse Wash - Thoughts & Opinions?

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
    Hey everyone, I just stumbled across the Optimum No Rinse Car Wash product and wanted to get some opinions on the Megs forum before I make my next order.
    Questions:

4. Does the ONR leave any film on the car that would become a problem when polishing after the wash?
    5. How much ONR do you need to add per wash? Would 32oz bottle get me through the winter with 2 cars?

Feel free to add links, but when I search for 'No Rinse' on the forum I get 25+ pages of threads back.

Thanks guys and gals.
    1. Yes
    2. Very easy to use
    3. Yes it does
    4. No
    5. 1oz of ONR per gallon of water

Video of it in use:

AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

1. Yes
      2. Very easy to use but takes a bit to get used to the idea of not rinsing.
      3. Yes, but you can't hose out all the nooks and cracks like a normal wash.
      4. I've never noticed a film.
      5. Per directions 1 oz per 2 gallons of water. I put in 2 oz with 3 gallons of water. So figure a 32 oz bottle will get you 16 washes. New water for each car so you could wash both cars 8 times.

I've been using it for a couple of years and love it. There really aren't many non Meg's products I love but this is one. I originally bought it just to do winter washes but now use it for 90% of my washes.
      Scott

Comment

Do you do a two bucket routine or a one bucket?

This video is very suggestive. All who are looking forward to cold winters may want to take note. This looks a lot better than the coin opp places.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

i am no user of onr but i would think that in the winter you would have to rinse off the salt and dirt and snow before the wash anyway so why not was it the traditional way?

Comment

You can do one or two bucket. I've been doing it with one bucket with a grit guard in it and no problems so far
            Hello, I am Isaac

Comment

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
              i am no user of onr but i would think that in the winter you would have to rinse off the salt and dirt and snow before the wash anyway so why not was it the traditional way?
              I do minor salt without any problems but when you get covered in it I run through a touchless wash then go home and do an ONR wash.

I use one bucket with a grit guard.
              Scott

Comment

Here's the closest thing Meguiar's offers for comparison...
                Discussion on Meguiar's Professional Mirror Glaze, Professional Detailer, PRO Hybrid Ceramic & Other.

I've used ONR and it's a popular option for situations were free flowing water isn't an option.

See sig line...

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Questions:

Thanks guys and gals.
                  1. Yup....been using it for over a year now.
                  2. Quite easy to use, just wash your car with ONR, then dry it! It's just traditional washing without the rinsing step.
                  3. Yup, in fact ONR is all I use anymore.
                  4. I've never noticed anything
                  5. I add 1 oz per gallon....probably can add more or less depending on how dirty your car is though

I have to agree with BlueZero in saying that I use almost all Meguiar's products as well, but ONR is one product I absolutely love that is a non-Meg's product.

Comment

Everyone, thanks for informative replies. I'll have to pickup a bottle of this with my next order.

Comment

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
                      No need to pre rinse with ONR, but you may have to make a couple of passes at it.

As for "way not wash it the traditional way" every tried to wash a car with cold water (not many homes have hot water outside) when its below freezing? Not a very nice feeling. With ONR you can wash inside your garage and use hot water with ONR.
                      AeroCleanse, LLC
                      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                        No need to pre rinse with ONR, but you may have to make a couple of passes at it.

As for "way not wash it the traditional way" every tried to wash a car with cold water (not many homes have hot water outside) when its below freezing? Not a very nice feeling. With ONR you can wash inside your garage and use hot water with ONR.
                        This was my motivation for looking into the product. It gets cold in TN. Cold weather + ice cold water = getting sick.

Comment

This was my motivation for looking into the product. It gets cold in TN. Cold weather + ice cold water = getting sick.
                          Gets pretty cold in WI as well!
                          AeroCleanse, LLC
                          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

ONR has a huge following, but I have yet to understand the difference between ONR and a spray detailer. To use ONR, you mix the product with water, soak a microfiber in the solution and procede to wash each panel individually. Then, wipe off the panel. Plus, the product acts as a clay lubricant.

Can the same thing be accomplished with Last Touch? Yes.

I've tried it once using the same high dillution ratio and it worked fine (actually better than ONR).
                            Chris
                            Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Does washing your car with a rinseless car wash increase the potential for instilling scratches into the paint?

That's the first question Meguiar's would be asked if we brought out a similar or better version of ONR type products.

Anyone care to answer?

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');