• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W9207 - Washable Foam Finishing Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: W9207 - Washable Foam Finishing Pad

Originally posted by Mike Pennington View Post
    In combination with our new backing plates, you see even better results !

Mike
    So is the new DA backing plate slightly larger in diameter than the old one then?
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Infinitevisi0n View Post
      ^^not sure on how that specifically answered my question
      No would be the simple answer to the original question of "wouldn't the 7 pad be a little big?"

How do you wash these?
      You would wash them separately in a normal washer with other pads, using a regular washer detergent. When drying, we recommend using a low heat setting.

Mike
      Mike Pennington
      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
      Meguiar's, Inc.
      800-854-8073
      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

SoftBuff™ 2.0 Polishing Pad

Item # W8207

Is this washable too? I would rather get this one if so but it doesnt say whether its washable. Plus arent Meguiars losing business by having a washable pad? lol just askin

Comment

SoftBuffâ„¢ 2.0 Polishing Pad

Item # W8207

Is this washable too? I would rather get this one if so but it doesnt say whether its washable. Plus arent Meguiars losing business by having a washable pad? lol just askin
          Yes all Meguiars 2.0 pads are washable including the polishing pad. IMO this is an excellent path for Meguiars to take. I have had great success with Meguiars Softbuff pads and have been waiting for a machine washable pad for some time now. My old pads I washed by hand and that can get time consuming as many others who do the same know. By making a washable pad... IMO you are giving more opportunities to use more Meguiars products. Some say I don't want to buy another polish/wax/cleaner as that means I need another pad, well now you can mix and match any product and use the same pad... just my $.02
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

SoftBuffâ„¢ 2.0 Polishing Pad

Item # W8207

Depends how you look at it. On one hand, they are offering a superior product that people will be more likely to keep clean and re-usable for longer which may in turn reduce the need for replacement pads. On the other hand, it is a superior and one-of-a-kind (to the best of my knowledge) product that will hold extra interest to new buyers.

I know I stocked up and stopped wasting my time trying out other brands when the 2.0 came out because I would rather use these pads exclusively where possible since it makes my life easier. Easy = Good

Comment

when do you use the cutting pad?

Comment

Heavy defects... possibly for taking our DEEP etching, or removing sanding marks with a rotary and M105. Some people prefer a foam pad to wool, so the cutting pad is good for that application.

Comment

is there a discount code i should know about before i purchase these?

Comment

is there a discount code i should know about before i purchase these?
                    The last discount code has expired and at this time there is no new discount code.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

This will also provide a good backing for a bonnet used to remove wax, that said I am not sure there are any out yet that will fit this new size of pad.
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                        The last discount code has expired and at this time there is no new discount code.

so do you work for the company mike? lol cause I think I discovered something but cant say just yet

Comment

so do you work for the company mike? lol cause I think I discovered something but cant say just yet
                          Yes I work for the company.

Started here at the Corporate office in 2002 as Corporate Write transition to Admin on the forum and class instructor in 2004
                          1999/2000 Oregon Distributor Professional Detailer Line
                          1988 to 1989 Outside Sales Rep & Trainer for Oregon, Washington and Northern Idaho

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I know this is very old thread..but i have a question

How aggresive is to use rotary with W9207 and 205 ( little bit more amount then normal) and with little pressure. It was 4-5 passes between 1200 and 1500 rpm with moving cca 3-5 centimeters pro second. Car is bmw e93 mineral white.

Is it possible to remove after each polishing with this combo more than 3-4 microns ?
                            I have measured yesterday paint thickness and on some spots( doors, trunk) on the lowest level (just above side skirts) it less then 95..and as i go above paint is thicker, max is 133 microns on engine hood.

The question, how much is this aggresive? Is is possible to remove more then 3 microns with that? The paint is like mirror but dont know is my clearcoat now too thin and with less shine then it could have..

I have polished it with this combo 4 times in 2.5 year since i bought it..

Comment

nothing? :/

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');