• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Compound

Ultimate Compound
    • Restores color/clarity to abused & neglected finishes
    • Cuts as fast as harsh abrasives - without scratching
    • Obsoletes traditional rubbing & polishing compounds
    • Used by hand or with our DA!

This revolutionary product dramatically reduces the time and effort required to restore an abused or neglected paint finish. It cuts so fast and leaves the finish looking so good; it's hard to believe possible. The secret is Meguiar's exclusive micro-abrasive technology created for Meguiar's state-of-the-art products for body shops and detailers. Ultimate Compound is...the ultimate compound. Guaranteed to outperform all other rubbing compounds in every way possible - or your money back. For brilliant, high gloss protection, follow with Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0.

PRO TIP: Divide a panel to be treated with low-tack painter’s tape, and treat one half with Ultimate compound. Remove the tape and notice the striking before/after improvement at the tape line. Then finish treating the panel with Ultimate Compound before applying a Meguiar’s quality wax to protect the surface.

G17216 ULTIMATE COMPOUND
    450ml Liquid (15.2 oz)
    MSRP: $9.99

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Ultimate Compound

Note: This is the actual item sent out as Lab Sample 21-09B in this thread.

21-09B - New Product?

Thank you to all our Testers for their time and enthusiasm testing this new product and sharing your results with our community.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

What number would this product reflect on the Meguiar's abrasive scale?
      Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

Another one to the Christmas list!
        '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
        '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mejia View Post
          What number would this product reflect on the Meguiar's abrasive scale?
          This wasn't covered in our new product training class but my guess would be that it's between M105 and M205, how's that?

It's aggressive, it's called a compound. You would use it when you have serious defects to remove. It's very powerful and on some paints will need to be followed with a less aggressive product like SwirlX

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
            This wasn't covered in our new product training class but my guess would be that it's between M105 and M205, how's that?

It's aggressive, it's called a compound. You would use it when you have serious defects to remove. It's very powerful and on some paints will need to be followed with a less aggressive product like SwirlX
            Excellent. Sorry about the scale q's, It's just that I'm so excited!
            Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

I'm an information junkie too...I prefer knowing MORE than needed rather than guessing that I know enough to use the products properly. But I have a feeling Mike's keyboard is worn out on the keys required to answer that specific question more than the other keys...lol

Comment

This looks like it is Christmas early. Anther one on the list.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

I'm gonna have to ask for a pay rise with all this new stuff I have to get!
                  The Best Last Step, is the step backwards you take to admire your work!
                  Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  If you use #7 on your car, you're not in good company... you're in GREAT company!

Comment

Awesome! It's like having the power of some of the professional line products in the Consumer line now.
                    Brian

Comment

Another awesome product....the cut of this with a DA is unbeatable.

Ryan
                      Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

This is interesting - can't wait to try it.
                        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

For a newb like myself, this is perhaps one of the most interesting of the new products. I am just learning to use the D/A with #80 & #83 and do not feel competent enough to use #105, though I have a sample bottle which I use for hand-rubbing of isolated scratches. So my question is this: Should I consider adding Ultimate Compound to my arsenal? Will it accomplish something that I cannot easily accomplish with #80 & #83? I imagine that the answer to this question will just have to wait upon the reviews of the product that will no doubt be pouring in in late winter and early spring, but if any of the testers have an opinion, I'd love to hear from them.
                          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                          --Al Kimel

Comment

Even though a lot of people have had success using 105 on a DA, it sounds like this product would allow you to be more aggressive than 83 and not have to learn how to use a rotary.

Comment

Mike is this the product you told me to wait for for my 2005 NightHawk Black Pearl Honda Element that I brought to Open Garage Night about a month ago?

thanks,

Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');