• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pad Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad Cleaning

I've read the threads on the importance of cleaning your pad as you work, but was wondering if this is meant only to apply to cleaners and polishes or does it apply to waxes and sealants, as well?

Thanks.
    2013 Highlander - black
    2010 TL - black

Re: Pad Cleaning

Originally posted by gjohn28 View Post
    I've read the threads on the importance of cleaning your pad as you work, but was wondering if this is meant only to apply to cleaners and polishes or does it apply to waxes and sealants, as well?

Thanks.
    Yes, while cleaning/compounding and polishing it's a must while you work, but as for waxes and sealants, you don't really need to clean your pad as your going as long as your using a clean pad to start with. If you have too much product on the pad, then you're probably using too much. With most waxes/sealants I've used, a little goes a long way.

Comment

Also, when using paint cleaners and cleaner/polishes you're removing paint so on your pad you're going to have product residue and removed paint. If you're working on a clear coat you won't see the removed paint because it's clear.

When applying finishing waxes you're not removing paint so there's no removed paint to clean off the pad.

When you're using a cleaner/wax you're back to removing paint so with a cleaner/wax you would want to go back to cleaning your pad on the fly as you work around the car.

Make sense?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes, makes sense.

Thanks guys.
        2013 Highlander - black
        2010 TL - black

Comment

Sorry to bump up/hi-jack an old thread, but I have Lake County's 4" orange, white, and blue pad. I'd like to know how I can clean these pads as I found that different pads have different cleaning procedures. If anyone uses LC CCS pads, please chime in!!! Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');