• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass cleaner that leaves behind rain repellent like Rain-X,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass cleaner that leaves behind rain repellent like Rain-X,

Glass Cleaner that leaves behind rain repellent like Rain-X, but more durable, of course

Re: Glass cleaner

What's wrong with Rain-X?
    2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T Go ManGo Limited Edition # 3675 of 4000!
    Mods: Mopar CAI, BT Oil Catch Can, silver steel braided lines, 35/50% window tint, windshield decal, Whelen amber/amber Slim Miser lights in rear window. More pics on Blog: gohemi.blogspot.com

Comment

Nothing, just wanted to see a similar product with Meguiar's quality

Comment

I use UQD for this purpose.

If the windows are really dirty I literally just wipe them down with UQD. If they are dirty, I first use a dedicated glass cleaner and then finish it off with UQD.

Comment

Aquapel. Reminds me I need to get some for the Neon...

Just looked around for it a bit, and at www.getaquapel.com, you can get two for $9.95. Seems Billy Mays has taken over some advertising for it, but it does work. There are a bunch of articles and tests you can find if you just search for "Aquapel."

Comment

I use the Meg's Glass cleaner concentrate, then I wipe the windsheild down with Isopropyl Alcohol. Then apply aquapel. I hope Simoniz did not change anything about it when the bought it from PPG as the PPG stuff works very well.
            If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Never used aquapel...

I hate Rain X.

Windows are so hard to keep clean --
              Matt

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                Aquapel. Reminds me I need to get some for the Neon...

Just looked around for it a bit, and at www.getaquapel.com, you can get two for $9.95. Seems Billy Mays has taken over some advertising for it, but it does work. There are a bunch of articles and tests you can find if you just search for "Aquapel."
                You can get a 6 units of Aquapel on eBay for around $30.00 shipped. Great product, much better than Rain-X.
                NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Re: Glass cleaner that leaves behind rain repellent like Rain-X,

Edited your subject title and added a few more words so it would help to tell people what the thread was about.

How to write a great subject for your message!

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I do not hate Rain-X I think that UQD does a better job and it is not an extra product to have laying around.
                    Joel
                    Firefighter/EMT-B
                    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                    '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
                      I do not hate Rain-X I think that UQD does a better job and it is not an extra product to have laying around.
                      Does UQD last for 8 or 9 months with 1 application? Aquapel does. Not saying its any better than UQD, but it's a product designed for a specific use.

Another analogy, chicken seasoning might taste good on steak....but not as good as steak seasoning.
                      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I tend to apply RainX every couple months, with coats of UQD when I wash.

One of those 2 certainly seems to last a good while. I just reapplied RainX Saturday, but didnt really need to, still had water beading/rolling off. Had been about 2 months since my application, if not a little more, so a fair amount of messy winter driving.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

RainX came out with a Glass Cleaner+RainX Combo.
                          Matt

Comment

I have some of that and it actually works pretty good, if you constantly clean your windows with it. I think I was using it about once a week and it did the job.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');