• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Easy Wash or any Meg's car wash soap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Easy Wash or any Meg's car wash soap?

I am going to try and keep my Jeep a little cleaner this winter than I have in the past. I was looking at Quick and Easy wash at Camping World. I like the wash method, but was wondering if you can use any Meg's soaps instead and get the same effect (Clean vehicle, no streaks)? What is special about that soap that makes it better, if at all? Either way it'll be funny seeing my neighbors reactions to me washing with 2 buckets in the driveway in the middle of winter!

Re: Quick Easy Wash or any Meg's car wash soap?

QEW is formulated as a waterless car wash where all of Meguiars car wash soaps are formulated to be used as a traditional car wash with water. That said I am yet to be sold on the waterless car wash idea but that's just me.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
      QEW is formulated as a waterless car wash where all of Meguiars car wash soaps are formulated to be used as a traditional car wash with water. That said I am yet to be sold on the waterless car wash idea but that's just me.
      Just for clarification, QEW is a rinseless, low water use product, not a true waterless wash.
      Originally posted by Tecumseh TJ View Post
      I am going to try and keep my Jeep a little cleaner this winter than I have in the past. I was looking at Quick and Easy wash at Camping World. I like the wash method, but was wondering if you can use any Meg's soaps instead and get the same effect (Clean vehicle, no streaks)? What is special about that soap that makes it better, if at all? Either way it'll be funny seeing my neighbors reactions to me washing with 2 buckets in the driveway in the middle of winter!
      If Meguiar's had a product that they felt comfortable with being used the way QEW is used, they would probably be telling everyone about it.
      I think Meguiar's has some reservations about both rinseless and waterless washing.
      In areas of water supply problems, they do sell a waterless system/product, but they don't really push it.
      That kind of tells me they aren't 100% sold on the idea.

All that being said;
      I have had good luck with several rinseless wash products including QEW. The QEW is not my favorite, but if you can get it locally, that would make quite a difference in cost by not having to pay any shipping.

I have also experimented with some waterless washes and if the vehicle is not very dirty, a couple of them have performed pretty good.

In the winter months, I go to the DIY spray wash and knock off the heavy crud, then do a waterless or rinseless wash at home in the garage. Tow buckets in my driveway would result in an icy driveway and a very cold me.

If you do try the QEW, you might want to consider using it with warm water,
      Your hands will appreciate it and I personally think the warm water cleans better.
      Oh yeah, wear some rubber gloves. Dry hands are much warmer.
      Charles
      The Rainmaker

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesW View Post
        Just for clarification, QEW is a rinseless, low water use product, not a true waterless wash.
        Very true - Thank you
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

FWIW, Optimum No Rinse (ONR) is also a good low water use system if you have water restrictions in your area. I prefer ONR over QEW but neither is as safe as a conventional two bucket hand wash IMO.
          Jim
          My Gallery

Comment

I might just give a rinseless wash a try, and use a mitt that holds a lot of water to get more of a flooding effect from it. I have no garage, and most of the coin-op washes by me have hard water. I'd much rather use my softened, warm water from home. Good tip on the gloves, i didn't think of that.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');