• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Or Fabric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Or Fabric?

Which to you prefer? I'm looking at getting a different truck in spring and was just wondering. If you have a good reason for your preference feel free to post that also.

Thanks!
    Leather
    68.60%
    Fabric
    31.40%
    Scott

Re: Leather Or Fabric?

I voted fabric...just love the way it adapts to every weather type out there. Never gets too hot you cant sit on it, never gets too cold you cant sit on it. It feels more comfortable to me and I just like it better.

I also think it is easier to clean, leather shows everything and gets grimy if you don't clean it often.

Ryan

PS. Whats wrong with the Liberty?
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I vote leather. Doesn't soak up the various smells like fabric. I think its easier to clean, just wipe it down with some leather conditioner.

Oh, and no static electricity when getting out of a car. Also, I'd suggest seat warmers for the colder months (if the option exists and is in budget).
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I voted leather! Smells great, looks great, no lint, easy to keep clean.

Down side is that they wear to fast.
        Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

Well, I'm not gonna vote..

I mean, I would prefer leather in my luxury car (when I get one).... But may as well give me cloth or vinyl in a work or every day vehicle that I dont want to pay extra for and mess up.

How will you be using it?
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It will be my everyday vehicle.

I'm really on the fence. I can think of as many reasons to go one way as the other. Guess when it comes down to it I could just get what ever is on the lot. I still have to figure out what truck to get. lol

I was just wondering what you all like.
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
              It will be my everyday vehicle.

I'm really on the fence. I can think of as many reasons to go one way as the other. Guess when it comes down to it I could just get what ever is on the lot. I still have to figure out what truck to get. lol

I was just wondering what you all like.
              What are you looking to accomplish with the truck? What type of things do you need to move/haul/tow?

How many people do you need to seat?

Any size preference? (Small, medium, large?)

Any rough price range?

Help us, help you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                What are you looking to accomplish with the truck? What type of things do you need to move/haul/tow?

How many people do you need to seat?

Any size preference? (Small, medium, large?)

Any rough price range?

Help us, help you!
                I'd really like one of those Roush F150's!

I'm sure once I get it narrowed down there will be another poll thread. lol
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                  I'd really like one of those Roush F150's!

I'm sure once I get it narrowed down there will be another poll thread. lol
                  Haha, fair enough.

FWIW, the new 2009 F-150s have been re-designed and if you read the critic's reviews it is the clear leader in terms of capability hands down. For now, their engines are not the biggest or fastest, but they actually out-tow the competition due to their superior suspension, frame, towing stability systems, and their class-leading 6 speed transmissions.

They're also tied for best fuel economy in the segment. Just a thought...

Comment

I voted fabric. I have had two vehicles with leather interior, and while I like it when it is new, it just seems to get to shoddy looking to fast. It starts to wrinkle and get creases. Plus, the one car I had was tan leather. I was cleaning it and treating it at least once a week.
                    I guess it all comes down to personal preference. Leather is nice though.

Andy
                    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Leather...Better look,less dust,easier to clean
                      I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Had to vote fabric. My wife is tiny had she slides around pretty easy on leather, especially in my fathers truck!

Comment

I voted for leather. All my cars have had fabric and I liked them well enough. But opted for leather in my 09 Camry and really love the look and feel of it.

Mike
                          Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I voted for fabric. Like the others have stated its personal preference. For me I have had both. I just think its easier to maintain the fabric. Just my choice.
                            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Fabric is more durable, scratch resistant and forgiving. Leather is mighty cold in the winter unless you have a remote start and seat heaters. Got kids? Skip leather. Voted for fabric.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');