• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new detailing van (build up w/ pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new detailing van (build up w/ pics)

Not sure what category to put this in, so the break room it goes...

Well, I sold my detailing trailer about a month ago. My little truck tried so hard to pull that thing. It was either sell the trailer or blow the motor. Not too hard of a choice.

So here is the van I bought with the cash from the sale.

I am getting a new hood from the junk yard. They have several white ones in great condition. Cheaper than getting it re finished.

It has some dings here and there, but what do you expect for a used cargo van?

I had it taped in sections. Working on polishing it out in sections and trying some new products. My big white guinea pig.

Interior. Not much here. Blue interior, rubber floor, and RED seats. :shead: Seat covers are on the list to buy.

Starting to get the inside in shape. I set my generator, pressure washer, and water tank in the van to figure out where they are going to go. I then marked them and took them out so I can work.
    There were no shelves or partition (the part that goes behind the seats do divide the cargo and passenger areas) in the van when I bought it. I took a trip to the junkyard, and they had a few cargo vans there. I managed to score the shelves and partition for $25. New, they usually go for a few hundred bucks.... So I snagged them up and installed them in my van.

Everything is being test fitted, removed, re fitted, and so on... (I"m never happy.. lol)

One thing I was tired of was pulling my vacuum in and out of the trailer. I wanted a stationary vac, but didn't want to spend the $$ right now for one, since my vac get the job done. Check out where I put it.....:applause2:

I cut a hole for the hose to come out. (yes, I still need to clean it up and square it out.
    The larger hole at the bottom is for the pressure washer hoses for the water tank.
    (Yes, the hole needs to be cleaned up as well...

with long hose attached..

added some left over peg board for a cover. (sorta cleaned up the area with it covered)

Added another "basket" for my vacuum accessories....

So far so good.
    I did a tune up on it. Still have to drop the tranny pan and put a new filter in. Windows will be tinted so hoodlums cannot see in. The chrome rims from my truck will be swapped to the van and vise versa for the van rims... Then the truck can have a rest... lol
    Hose reels, retractable extension cords, etc are also on the list....

Hoping to have it on the road in 2 more weeks.
    More pics to come soon....

Re: My new detailing van (build up w/ pics)

It's really looking good so far!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Looks good!

Having everything in it's place makes the jobs go so much faster. I hate spending time looking for stuff.
      Scott

Comment

You fixing it up very well. Good idea to test fit before making it permanent. It is looking very good. Way to go.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

This is really nice ....

Comment

nice work on the van

Comment

A lot of thought and effort. Great work. Please keep updating.
              Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
              by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

here are 2 more update pics....

Here is the retractable extension cord. I hated pulling out the cord, then tripping over it, then having to pick it up and try to roll it back up, only for it to get in knots when I try to use it later...
                (run on sentence anyone?)

And here is the hose hanger I installed.. Wanted something cheap. Less than $2 at Home Depot.

I also cleaned up the 2 holes for the vac hose and pressure washer hoses.
                Set the generator in again and drilled the mounting holes.

I also pulled the pads out of the little white baskets. I think I am going to put my small squeeze bottles in there. I test fitted them, and they stay secure with a tiny bungee cord going across the opening.

more to come soon...

Comment

Good work on the van. I wish my garage was that neat, clean, and well equipped. .

Mike
                  Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Looking great! Keep it up

Comment

Looking great so far. I really like the vaccuum set up!

Andy
                      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

nice!

Comment

I'm sure it's fun planning out how you want to layout your equiptment and accesories. Thanks for sharing. Looks like your doing a great job on it. Let us know how it all turns out.
                          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Here's a small update. This is where my water tank will be mounted. I just set it in there for visual purposes...
                            Outside of tank needs a good cleaning huh?

From back of van...

A lot of room left for 'other' stuff..

Now I need a large rubber mat for the floor. That or have the floor done in a Rhino Liner. I may go the cheaper route for now..

Comment

Like the vacuum setup...Looks like your ready to do business. Looks good and thanks for sharing.

Tim
                              Learning new things everyday

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');