• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over the Hill Gang - Pictures & Comments - October 4th, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over the Hill Gang - Pictures & Comments - October 4th, 2008

Over the Hill Gang - Pictures & Comments - October 4th, 2008

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Over the Hill Gang - Pictures & Comments - October 4th, 2008

A great turn-out for today's class!

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Barry and Company,

My wife and I along with members of the "Over the Hill Gang- San Diego North County had the pleasure of attending your Saturday, October 4th Detailing Clinic hosted by Mike Phillips. First and foremost, THANK YOU! What a wealth of knowledge and information we all obtained concerning the care and upkeep of our prized vehicles (and our everyday ones too) I have been a long time user of your products and am always pleased to receive something in my Meguiar's goodie bag at each car show I attend, the most recent, "Cruisin for a Cure" As one of the participants and "Survivors" thank you for your sponsorship.

Dennis & Johnnie Wuethrich
      FORD CHEVY

Comment

Thank you for the chance to attend one of these classes. I enjoyed myself and learned quite a bit, even though I have been working with Meguiars products for a while. I'm definitely going to have to get some of that M80 now.

Eric
        1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
        1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
        1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Mike philips did a terrific job and i learned a lot, he is a valuable asset to Meguiar's. Thank you Meguiar's for offering these classes.

Dick Blank

Comment

Here's some pictures from Over The Hill Gang at Meguiar's Garage!

This Ford Falcon sporting Fender Skirts was the first car to arrive, although the owner was not a member of the Over The Hill Club he and his pride and joy fit right in.

An all original Crown Victoria...

Not sure what the owner had for an engine in this Sleeper Mustang but it sounded very powerful...

A number of club members had left before we took the group shot but here's a portion of the club members posing after the class...

At every Saturday Class we give away a 64 ounce jug of NXT Car Wash as a prize as our "Long Distance Award" for the person or couple that drives in from the furthest distance. Then that person has to hold up the NXT Car Wash and display it like Vanna White would do on the Price is Right each time we reference car washes.

Here's Johnnie presenting NXT Car Wash!
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

After the classroom portion and some lunch it's time to get busy...

First we learned how to properly use detailing clay on a Corvette with paint that felt like #40 Grit Sandpaper!

Ooooh... that feels good after claying!

Here's our demo car for how to create a show car finish, a 1941 Ford!

This Ford has a single stage paint and is dull from oxidation...

We learn Hand Techniques to insure everyone knows what to do when working by hand.

Machine Techniques, including hands-on training to learn how fast or slow to move the polisher, how much pressure and which directions to move it when cleaning paint.

After a little guidance it's time to freestyle!

Guidence...

Freestyling...

Cleaning a foam pad on the fly...

Everyone gets involved!

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I walked away from the class with a confidence and understanding for car care that i didn't have before. Now I have the knowledge to maintain my cars new look at home and in my spare time. thank you Meguiars

Comment

Here are my pictures from the class.

BTW Mike, Here's a picture of what's under the hood of my Mustang. Just a little 302.

Feeling the roughness of the paint before clay.

Mike showing the products we will be using and explaining what their purpose is.

Using the sun gun to spot defects

Taping off the area to show the before/after

The applicator after ScratchX. Proof that the paint is single stage. Note the pressure points from Mike's fingers on the applicator.

Learning to use the G110

The swipe test on NXT 2.0 to show that it is ready to remove
                  1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
                  1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
                  1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

wow! Lots of great cars. Looks like a another fun day with Mike P. Thanks for the share!
                    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');