• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brake dust on wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake dust on wheels

Hi Everyone,

I try to clean my wheels everytime I wash and wax it. However, some of the brake dust has already settled on my CLEAR-Coat Wheels. Do you guys have any suggestion which Meguiars product to use? My car is pretty new and I already know how to detail the car except for the wheels.

Thanks

I'd like to save my old/used claybar (which is not suitable for the paint) and have the wheels or windows clayed once a while. It sounds crazy but works out pretty good.
    Cheers

Comment

I also clay and follow up with NXT Tech Wax. NXT seems to be pretty resistant to brake dust accumulation.
      Jim
      My Gallery

Comment

NXT works great on the wheels. It makes washing the brake dust of a breeze!

Comment

yeah - i've used wheelwax before - but at this point I'll save some extra cash and use the NXT - it's just as good - as for the claybar - you can do that too, it helps out a lot!

good luck.
          2001 Vortex Blue New Beetle

Comment

would you guys recommend Meguiar's Hot Rims /Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner? Or is purchasing a claybar more efficient?

Thanks for the replies

Comment

I to have clear coat wheel's and I use the NXT on them. But I never used the clay bar on them. Does it work good on them?

Comment

the bar removes all those contaminants, like when you run your fingers through the paint on the wheel and feel that there is fine grain and such on there - it'll remove that! =)

Comment

Originally posted by fpalattao
                  would you guys recommend Meguiar's Hot Rims /Cool Care All Wheel Cleaner? Or is purchasing a claybar more efficient?

Thanks for the replies
                  If you don't allready have clay for you paint, you should get it for that. just get a big enough piece and take a small piece off of it to use for your wheels. remember to keep them seperate from one another.
                  2019 GMC Sierra
                  1500 AT4

Comment

yeah -

Also - keep it in a ziplock bag and spray some of the detailer into the ziplock - DO NOT DROP IT - if you do - toss it out - all the little grains of sand/dirt etc will be embedded and will ruin your paint!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');