• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirt Spots/Water Spots after Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt Spots/Water Spots after Rain

Dirt Spots/Water Spots after Rain

Washed my truck on Friday, so it wasn't freshly washed before it rained, it had been 2 days, (took these pictures on Monday). but the truck wasn't what you would call dirty, just dusty.

Here's some photos of the dirt spots on the hood after a light sprinkle early in the morning.

Original pic #1

Original pic #1 resized to 800 pixels wide

Original pic #2

Original pic #1 resized to 800 pixels wide

Close-ups...

Now some of the dirt on the hood could have been blown onto the hood via the wind and then heavier deposits of dirt accumulated on the water puddles/spots. Even so, the end result is dirt on the water spots after the rain because where your car is parked, if it rains it could also be windy.

From the looks of the last two close-ups, it looks like it would be safer to rinse the car really well and then wash it, not wipe it down.

Personal preference.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Dirt Spots/Water Spots after Rain

Yowsers! Those are some scary pebbles and small dirt deposits...I personally would wash my vehicle as well- with an emphasis on the pre-rinse.

I think this would also be a GREAT example of why having a solid coat of wax on the car is crucial- with a coat of wax that dirt should rinse right off of the paint before any wash mitt ever has to make contact with the paint- thus reducing the induction of swirls or marring on the paint.

Comment

That is a great example of when to wash, or qd. I agree, a good prewash before a actual car wash.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nasty dirt on that...I'll try to capture some on a White car, it's even worse.

Ryan
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

The last pictures is scary!
          Thanks for the write up Mike

Comment

Perfect timing! Thanks for the photos. Last night we had one of the So. Cal. rains that typically consist of 79 rain drops..just enough to mess it up. I was debating.....guess I'll wash it.
            Barry

Comment

Very nice photos Mike. What camera do you use? I think i gonna need a good camera.

This situation is very common in Indonesia. Rain a little then hot.
              So i think i should use a pre wash than...

Thanks for the input Mike and everyone.

Comment

Last night I washed the truck and then parked where I normally do, so it's been less than 24 hours since it's been washed and it has rained since then so on lunch break I'll check out the hood and see what if looks like and if there's anything to captures on film we'll take a shot.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');