• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anybody ever tried the black n decker wp1300k?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anybody ever tried the black n decker wp1300k?

i was just curious, this is one is a lot cheaper than the other rotaries such as makita, pc, etc... how does it do in your experience?

sorry for the non-english in the link, it was just the picture which i am after.

Re: has anybody ever tried the black n decker wp1300k?

Make sure it has a 5/8" arbor or spindle. Often times the less costly polishers have a 3/8" spindle and there are not backing plates for these machines. The industry standard for backing plates is 5/8" female thus the industry standard for spindles is 5/8" male.

The spindle is the thing sticking out of the buffer with threads on it, the other thing is an adapter to fit our double sided wool buffing pad.

Also, if it does have a smaller spindle it will likely have a smaller motor and even in you jerry-rig a 5/8" backing plate to fit onto it the motor may not hold up to long periods of buffing.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi,

I have a WP1300K. I settled for that because the Makita was out of stock. I also couldn't wait any longer.. hehehe.

I didn't have any problems finding a backing plate for it.

The downsides:
      - It doesn't have a locking mechanism to hold the spindle in place. I had to use a pair of pliers to lock the spindle in order to unscrew the backing plate.

- It's heavy! After a day with my WP1300K, my whole chest and lower back hurt. (But that ought to be good... more muscles!)

I can't say anything about durability though. My machine is but a month and a half old and I've only used it twice.

What I find really weird is that I can't find any info on the WP1300K in BnD's home page. It's as if they disowned the product.
      Last edited by eric_son; Sep 21, 2008, 11:16 PM. Reason: fixed some typos

Comment

yup it is heavy... i asked because i find the makita too expensive

Comment

Originally posted by spyghost View Post
          yup it is heavy... i asked because i find the makita too expensive
          And.... this is really embarrassing --- it DOES have a button to lock the spindle and prevent it from spinning while you're unscrewing the backing plate.

Comment

just bought the same tool a few days ago, if i'm not mistaken i think i saw the locking mechanism on the top most area(12o'clock position). but then again i'll confirm once i get home and maybe take some photos.

@mike phillips - how can we measure the spindle? i remember the manual said that the spindle is M14, does that ring a bell? is it the same?
            thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mambuking View Post
              just bought the same tool a few days ago, if i'm not mistaken i think i saw the locking mechanism on the top most area(12o'clock position). but then again i'll confirm once i get home and maybe take some photos.
              Yep! That indeed is the one.
              I don't even recall seeing it described in the manual. And it was so flush with the body that I didn't even bother to think it was a button.

Comment

Originally posted by eric_son View Post
                Yep! That indeed is the one.
                I don't even recall seeing it described in the manual. And it was so flush with the body that I didn't even bother to think it was a button.
                lol...
                so what pad fit the tool? havent used mine yet, still doing some reading here at MOL.

Comment

i have one too! i find it quite heavy but quite effective when you get used to it. i bought a screw on- 7" velcro backing plate (generic) with matching wool pads and polishing pad.

the lock button was quite tricky though.

Comment

Just got this polisher wp1300k for Php 3,900 Php (84$) and also got a 5 inch rotary backing plate. I already have a 5 inch rotary backing plate and 6.5 inch CCS pads from lake country which i got from my Porter Cable 7424xp. Is it ok to use a 6.5" pad on a 5" backing plate on a rotary or should I get a more bigger pad diameter say like 7"?

Comment

i'm using 7" velcro backing plate to my 8" pads. works just fine. one thing i noticed though, surface doesn't easily heat-up when using larger diameter pads.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');