• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

School me on Buffers, g110 or PC 7424

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on Buffers, g110 or PC 7424

Hi, question to people that know about the g110 or PC 7424 polishers..

If i get the g110, i can get additional pads found on the meguiars site. But if i get the 7424 found in this deal, that comes with a 5in backing plate, would i be able to use pads like w8006 and w9006 with it and not need any additional fittings?

Also is the g110 the same as the PC 7424? they look similar.

How are the pads held in place? velco? will the new pads i order in the future come with the velco pieces also if so?

Thanks

Re: School me on Buffers, g110 or PC 7424

Basically they are similar designs. The PC started out as a buffer in the furniture industry, but became popular with auto detailers due to its ease of use, safety, and easy learning curve. Several other companies including Meguiars, Griot's Garage, UDM et al, make their own versions but all are based on the original PC design. Most use a backing plate that allows the pads to be affixed via a "hook and loop" system (i.e. Velcro)

Comment

I would suggest the new Meguiar's G110 model as it has approximately 25% more power than the old PC 7424 models. That is power you will come to appreciate for sure.

The G110 will work with the older and newer popular pads by Meguiar's and you will not need to buy any special adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by ap390 View Post
        If i get the g110, i can get additional pads found on the meguiars site. But if i get the 7424 found in this deal, that comes with a 5in backing plate, would i be able to use pads like w8006 and w9006 with it and not need any additional fittings?

Also is the g110 the same as the PC 7424? they look similar.
        To make long story about pads, backing plates, interchangeability, balancing, etc, much shorter in the end you will find that neither will feel limiting you in your choice of pads. However, you will find other factors will be making a difference, like which one feels stronger, feels easier on body etc. IMHO for me that is G110, and I did try them all (7424, 7336, UDM, and G110).

Comment

i have the PC7424 (which is a bit of a pain as in the uk means i need a transformer, anyhow that doesnt bother u), but had i known of the G220 (Same as G110 only renamed as it runs we have 230v electric supply) we have in europe now i would have definately gone for it, its greater power will for sure come in handy at some point. we have a second batch out now, which is improved for reliablility issues.

Im very tempted to get one.

Comment

As a person that teaches lots of classes on detailing cars with a focus on removing swirls out of paint, the G110/G220 have the power you want to get the job done safely and as effectively as possible.

The extra power will keep the pad rotating which is when the swirls are being removed versus having the pad just vibrate as your pads become saturated with product which will happen as you move around the car.

Our G110 and G220 have more power to remove the swirls but the safety that come with a clutch.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');