• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting your Mobile Detailing Business Started the Right Way

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting your Mobile Detailing Business Started the Right Way

I tried clicking on the link in the first post and it sent me to the last post. Where else can I find this article?
    "Surely you can't be serious!?"
    "I am serious....and don't call me Shirley."

Comment

Originally posted by Robby144 View Post
      I tried clicking on the link in the first post and it sent me to the last post. Where else can I find this article?

Comment

Nice article man. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Hi, I want to ask about the tent above the yellow car. Is it yours? Does it keep the car cool enough? Because even though I work 83 or 80 under a fiber roof in my carport, it still too hot for 83 and 80.. any tips on working under a hot environment?

Thanks for sharing
          "Does it come in black?" Bruce Wayne / Batman Begins

Comment

Originally posted by Batmobile View Post

any tips on working under a hot environment?
            Not always the best solution but...

Shrink the size of your work area down...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike, a friend of mine tried to detail a ar in a very hot day, he used a lot of last touch to keep the products wet. I haven't tried that one yet though..
              "Does it come in black?" Bruce Wayne / Batman Begins

Comment

Originally posted by Batmobile View Post
                Hi, I want to ask about the tent above the yellow car. Is it yours? Does it keep the car cool enough? Because even though I work 83 or 80 under a fiber roof in my carport, it still too hot for 83 and 80.. any tips on working under a hot environment?

Thanks for sharing
                Work in the early cooler hours on the paint. Save the interior for the hottest hours.
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                  Work in the early cooler hours on the paint. Save the interior for the hottest hours.
                  Save the interior for the hottest hours AND assign that task to your noob employees.

Direct them from a folding chair in the shade while you sip a cool drink (preferably poolside) Be meticulous. Make them do it over at least twice before you actually inspect their work. Tell them when they've mastered interiors, you'll 'let' them degrease engine bays next.

Comment

Sounds good, too bad I can't send anybody to do something I wouldn't do myself. It's all that lead by example stuff my Mom taught me -
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Great article Jose

One thing I might add that is a VERY importing necessity in my trailer on top of a microwave is a toilet! When I am on site I do not like to bother my customer for anything! When I look at other companies set up I never see anyone that has a toilet and I must say that on a hot day I drink alot of water so it is nice to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Windycity View Post
                        Great article Jose

One thing I might add that is a VERY importing necessity in my trailer on top of a microwave is a toilet! When I am on site I do not like to bother my customer for anything! When I look at other companies set up I never see anyone that has a toilet and I must say that on a hot day I drink alot of water so it is nice to have.
                        Would be nice if you have the room. I take care of "business" before I get to a clients location. My favorite place to do that is at super market restrooms. They are always much cleaner than popping into a fast food place. I also ask about location of restrooms before we get started just in-case nature calls while I am there.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the article Superior Shine.
                          Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

I notice that the Detailer's Hyper Wash is biodegradable. Is there some sort of "certificate" or third party verification I can use to show that this product is indeed biodegradable to prosective clients? If so how would I go about obtaining one?

Comment

Originally posted by Robby144 View Post
                              I notice that the Detailer's Hyper Wash is biodegradable. Is there some sort of "certificate" or third party verification I can use to show that this product is indeed biodegradable to prosective clients? If so how would I go about obtaining one?
                              That shouldn't matter so much as reclaiming your waste water. It is illegal to allow water run off from vehicle washing to run down the street and into the storm drains. Google the "federal clean water act" and see for yourself.

California is getting very tough on enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                                That shouldn't matter so much as reclaiming your waste water. It is illegal to allow water run off from vehicle washing to run down the street and into the storm drains. Google the "federal clean water act" and see for yourself.

California is getting very tough on enforcement.
                                I see. I have read the EPA Summary of the law on the EPA website. Why would one have to go through all of the trouble and the massive expense of a water reclaimation and filtration system if one were to use 100% biodegradable wash soap anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');