• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

double-sided tape residue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double-sided tape residue

Greetings all,

I recently had to replace the licence plates on my car. The old plates were stuck on with double-sided sticky tape. When i pulled the plate off, the tape left a sticky residue on the paint?

Any ideas about how i can get it off?

Its not a train smash, but it bugs the hell out of me when i see the car from the rear.

Thanks

Re: double-sided tape residue

I've always had good luck with WD-40 on stickers and whatnot, then wash and wax as needed
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

If the wd 40 does not work, a product like "GOO GONE". It specifically formulated to remove adhesive residue. Hope this helps.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
        I've always had good luck with WD-40 on stickers and whatnot, then wash and wax as needed

I have also used WD-40 for tar. It works very well.

Andy
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I've used, WD-40, rubbing alcohol (91%), Goo Gone and Tarminator. They all do the job without damaging paint. If the adhesive is thick a plastic razor blade helps too.
          Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Thanks, Gents.

I'm in South Africa and I dont think we have Goo Gone down here. So i'll try the WD40.

This dang rain wont let up, bought my Megs about 3 weeks ago and i havent had a chance to try it out yet.

Holding fingers for this weekend!

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');