• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#82? Hand or PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #82? Hand or PC?

Alright, time for some new supplies.

One question. I need a good cleaner that can remove my swirls that NXT just covers. Since I don't have a PC, I have to use hand products. ScratchX is somewhat useful but I'd like to try maybe #82 or #81. Can #82 be used by hand? I also want to know if #81 is strong enough removing swirls? Or should I use #9 before #81?

Here's what I plan to do (for the beater, not the new car)
    Camry:

Wash
    Clay
    ScratchX or #9 (if necessary)
    #81 or #82
    NXT Wax

If it's aggressive enough, all the things should be gone.

Now for the new car:

Wash
    Clay
    ColorX or #9
    A polish? Can that be added after ColorX?
    NXT

Thanks!

Edit: If I use a polish with silicone, would that block the polymer effect of NXT wax?
    Last edited by toyotaowner; Sep 12, 2004, 05:40 PM.
    1995 Camry LE- Forest Green Pearl/Ivory Cloth
    2004 Sienna XLE Limited- Blue Mirage Metallic/Stone Leather

#81 would not remove any swirls because it's a pure polish. It would make your paint richer and deeper with more color because of the oils it supplies the paint. It kinda acts like a moisturizer..

I'm not really sure if #82 can be applied by hand.. Maybe you can just use scratch X since they're both paint cleaners.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Like Bri mentioned, #81 probably isn't a first choice for swirl removal as it is a pure polish. #82 is a similar product that can be applied by hand as well but, again, the abrasives are very light.

My suggestion would be to go with your #9 and utilize it to remove your swirls. I have a hunch that #9 will get you where you'd like to be.

Good luck and let us know how everything turns out!

RP

edited to correct incorrect information
      Last edited by Rockpick; Sep 13, 2004, 01:36 PM.
      -The Final Detail-
      Lagrange, Kentucky
      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
        Like Bri mentioned, #81 probably isn't a first choice for swirl removal but, it could be utilized as it is very mildly abrasive. #82 is a similar product that can be applied by hand as well but, again, the abrasives are very light.

My suggestion would be to go with your #9 and utilize it to remove your swirls and then follow, if needed, with #81. I have a hunch that #9 will get you where you'd like to be though.

Good luck and let us know how everything turns out!

RP
        Just to chime in on this and set the record straight. The #81 Hand Polish is non-abrasive. It is a pure polish and in and of itself has no ability to remove swirls and scratches.

For removing swirls and scratches, stick with cleaner/polishes such as #9 Swirl Remover 2.0, #80 Speed Glaze, #82 Swirl Free Polish, or #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');