• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratches under certain light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches under certain light

Today, for the first time, I saw scratches on my Mercedes. oh no. ha-ha. Just kidding. I'll live (maybe).

However, you have to be in the *perfect* light, so they must be very fine? I had to keep going out different times of day as they are hard to see.

I wonder if I should go ahead and try Scratch X, since I don't have a G110 yet?

Does Scratch X have any hope of working, when it is a ceramic clear coat like this? Is the hardness of the paint going to make it hard to correct things like this now and in the future?

I shouldn't have been out there then because otherwise I might have not known for a few more months. Maybe it came this way from dealer.

Re: Scratches under certain light

It's super hard to say without seeing them, but it can't hurt to try. Make sure the surface is extremely clean, and use a proper foam applicator and wipe off immediately with a SOFT microfiber towel.

Let us know how it goes!

Comment

I would give the scratch-x a try. Around here we always try the least aggresive method possible. Work clean, use some passoin and multiple applications. Good luck.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll give it ago sometime this weekend. Right now it's cloudy, and I can't even begin to see them. It won't hurt to try carefully.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
          Thanks guys. I'll give it ago sometime this weekend. Right now it's cloudy, and I can't even begin to see them. It won't hurt to try carefully.

Thanks again.
          LEt me add one more thing- do a TEST SPOT! Find a small area and give it a test there first. Make sure there are no ill effects before you do the whole car.

Comment

Do it in the garage, then pull it out into the sun to look at it. Try to never work in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by VonLego View Post
              Do it in the garage, then pull it out into the sun to look at it. Try to never work in the sun.
              Thanks guys, yeah I won't work in the sun.

Comment

Well, Scratch X didn't make any impression. I did 4 passes with a lot of passion and worked it completely in. For such incredibly light scratches, I'm surprised, you can barely see them. Perhaps, it is the ceramic paint?

Well, no one else would see them, so I'm not really bothered by this right now.

Maybe when I have my G110 someday I can have a go again.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');