• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Milwaukee AP12QE Rotary polisher OR Makita 9227C Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee AP12QE Rotary polisher OR Makita 9227C Polisher

It is time to buy a rotary polisher and i was wondering which one

Makita 9227C Polisher or
    Milwaukee AP12QE Rotary polisher??

also what pads are better and less risky for first use??

Thanks
    I AM HERE TO LEARN

Re: Milwaukee AP12QE Rotary polisher OR Makita 9227C Polisher

I had to look up that Milwaukee polisher, but it sure looks interesting. It's lighter and has a nice rpm range - 900 to 2400.

The Makita is a proven machine. It is a true workhorse and a great tool to have.

As far as pads go, I would try to get the Soft Buff 2.0 pads or wait till they come out. These pads make centering super easy when used with the Solo backing plate. By far, the W8207 is my favorite foam pad.

For wool pads, I prefer the Solo series, but haven't tried the W5000 pad. The Solo wool pads are comfortable to use and easy to control.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I wish they’d sell a 110V version of the AP12QE. Looks like a sweet machine.

I love the Milwaukee tools I have now.

PC.

Comment

I own a Makita 9227 and absolutely love it. I've never tried the Milwaukee but I know that they make great tools. I only buy Makita, Porter Cable and Milwaukee power tools and they are all great. Seeing that I own a Makita, I'd recommend it. You did narrow it down to two great brands. You may want to also take a look at the Dewalt. I never liked Dewalt tools but there rotary, along with the Makita are the two most popular rotaries among detailers.

Comment

My Makita arrived today. Wow, it is NICE. It's also extremely quiet at moderate to high speeds.

It also came with a SWEET high quality carrying case, 2 handles, a backing plate, and 2 wool pads for $159. PM me if you want the website to order it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumadar View Post
            My Makita arrived today. Wow, it is NICE. It's also extremely quiet at moderate to high speeds.

It also came with a SWEET high quality carrying case, 2 handles, a backing plate, and 2 wool pads for $159. PM me if you want the website to order it.
            Wow! You got a great deal. I got the same as yours a few years back and I paid a little over $200 if I remember right. I never used the pads that came with it but I have used the backing plate and it's fine.

Comment

Thanks guys.I will buy it from local market because of the voltage(240V).
              So Milwaukee AP12QE is lighter than Makita??
              I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');